Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
At Aurora, we’re on a mission to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. It all starts with the Aurora Driver, a platform created from industry-leading hardware and software and designed to adapt across a variety of vehicle types and industries.
We’re led by a team of self-driving luminaries, and we’ve forged strategic partnerships with leading transportation companies—including ride-hailing network Uber, truck-manufacturers PACCAR and Volvo Trucks, and the world’s largest automaker Toyota—setting us up to deliver the Aurora Driver in both trucks and passenger vehicles. We are funded by Amazon, Uber, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock, and Index Ventures.
Aurora is in the best position to lead the self-driving space with a team of unparalleled depth and expertise, the technology to deliver, and the partnerships to build a transformative business for the long-term.
Aurora hires talented people with diverse backgrounds who are ready to help build a transportation ecosystem that will make our roads safer, get crucial goods where they need to go, and make mobility more efficient and accessible for all. We’re searching for a Service Engineering Technician to join our Dallas team. This role will be focused on maintaining our fleet vehicles, performing routine maintenance, complex repair, and collaboration with our hardware team upgrading components. This position requires great attention to detail, excellent cross-team communication, documentation and solid diagnostic chops. Must be comfortable solving difficult challenges, ready to roll up the sleeves to expedite repair and a constant eye for quality. Must have experience using OEM diagnostic tools, methodologies, and a logical troubleshooting approach.
In this role, you will
- Work closely with Vehicle Operations, Software, and Hardware performing diagnostics, test-plans, and vehicle upgrades.
- Perform routine OEM maintenance to complex mechanical and electrical repairs.
- Document and communicate findings through process and systems
- Take ownership and escalate data or findings when appropriate
- Perform quality service and repair, work cross functionally, and bring a can-do team spirit.
- Maintain a clean and professional workspace.
- Capable of balancing and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Mechanical aptitude: Assemble or build parts or jigs for prototypes, proficiency with mechanical fabrication (drill press, saws, hand tools, etc.).
- Testing procedures: Build and setup test rigs for mechanical and/or electrical tests across multiple teams (Hardware, Systems, Devs...etc.).
- Provides feedback, creates and implements processes and suggestions to new and/or improved workshop standards, protocols, and processes.
- 3- 6 years OEM Technician Experience
- 2-4 years Electric Vehicle experience
- Solid diagnostics chops
- Clean driving record
- Demonstrate knowledge of basic workshop etiquette, provide verbal and writing communication across all teams (No jerks)
- Direct manufacturing and prototyping experience a bonus
- Prior experience working with autonomous vehicles
- Experience with CAN bus issues
Working at Aurora
At Aurora, we bring together people with extraordinary talent and experience united by the strength of our values. We operate with integrity, set outrageous goals, and continue to build a culture where we win together—all without any jerks.
We have offices in Pittsburgh, Mountain View, San Francisco, Bozeman, Dallas and Seattle. We also offer a competitive benefits package that supports the whole you, including:
- Competitive salary, bonus and RSU package
- Premium choices for Medical, vision, and dental
- 401k benefits
- Life and disability benefits
- 18 weeks paid leave for new parents and caregivers
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Fertility benefits through Carrot
- Working from home support
- Professional growth and mentorship opportunities through the Aurora Academy
- Wellness Platforms (Spring Health, Headspace, Aaptiv, Quit Genius)
We believe that self-driving technology has broad benefits – including an increase in safety and access to transportation – and to achieve those benefits, we want and need a workforce with diverse experiences, insights, and perspectives; said another way, a workforce that reflects the communities and people our technology will benefit.
Individuals seeking employment at Aurora are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, parent or caregiver status, ancestry, political affiliation, veteran and/or military status, physical or mental disability, or any other status protected by federal or state law.
Founded in 2017, Aurora was started by industry luminaries, and now we’re a team with a multitude of perspectives and experiences. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Model X and Autopilot programs. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. Regarded as the most experienced leadership team in the industry, these three bring decades of expertise, passion and focus to realizing our mission.