Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive® is the most comprehensive text message marketing solution, driving 20.5% of total online revenue for businesses by creating thoughtful SMS experiences. Using real-time behavioral data, Attentive makes it possible for businesses to automatically send engaging text messages to each subscriber. Over 4,000 leading businesses like CB2, Pura Vida, Urban Outfitters, Rebecca Minkoff, Steve Madden, and more rely on Attentive and see strong performance, like 30%+ click-through rates and 25x+ ROI.
In March 2021, Attentive announced a Series E investment and is backed by Coatue, Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP, and other leading venture firms.
Attentive Mobile is seeking a Commercial Counsel to join Attentive’s quickly-growing legal team and report to the Associate General Counsel. You should have superb legal experience and strong business judgment. You will work closely with our sales, marketing, finance, people, and product teams.
- Structure, draft, and review SaaS agreements with clients and contracts with strategic partners, vendors and service providers
- Help draft and update contract templates and order forms in collaboration with fellow colleagues on the Legal team
- Assist the Associate General Counsel on other non-commercial, corporate and transactional matters
- Work closely with internal business teams to identify, investigate, and manage legal risk across a wide range of product, marketing, and business initiatives
- Help formulate legal policy and process across the organization as it matures and grows
- Remain knowledgeable on relevant industry and privacy laws and regulations
- Juris Doctor degree and qualified to practice law in-house in New York or the state where you live.
- At least three (3) years of legal experience, preferably at or representing successful, high-growth venture-backed companies
- Experience in drafting and negotiating SaaS and other technology agreements – either in-house or on behalf of a client.
- Able to provide legally sound, pragmatic and practical recommendations under tight deadlines
- A strong “business-friendly” style that comes with an understanding that the Legal team’s primary purpose is to support the growth and success of the business
- Enthusiastic, flexible and energetic with a results-oriented mindset particularly during certain seasonal and quarter-end periods
- TCPA compliance/marketing experience is a plus.
- Interest in assuming additional responsibilities as needed and as the organization grows
Benefits & Perks:
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Remote friendly
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.