Attentive®️ is a personalized text messaging platform for innovative brands.
Accessibility Program Manager
United States of America
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive® is the most comprehensive text message marketing solution, driving 20.5% of total online revenue for businesses by creating thoughtful SMS experiences. Using real-time behavioral data, Attentive makes it possible for businesses to automatically send engaging text messages to each subscriber. Over 4,000 leading businesses like CB2, Pura Vida, Urban Outfitters, Rebecca Minkoff, Steve Madden, and more rely on Attentive and see strong performance, like 30%+ click-through rates and 25x+ ROI.
In March 2021, Attentive announced a Series E investment and is backed by Coatue, Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP, and other leading venture firms.
The Design Ops team at Attentive is responsible for managing all operational aspects of design and user experience research. Our Design team is made up of a talented group of UX Researchers, Designers, and Strategists that work hard each day to bring our amazing product to life along with our Engineering and Product Management counterparts. In this role, team members will look to you to support them in both their day to day efforts as well as forward looking strategic initiatives.
The Accessibility Lead will drive digital accessibility design initiatives and bring advanced knowledge of the barriers, tools and techniques for overcoming them. Experience leading teams and educating design and product counterparts on accessibility standards - WCAG 2.1, PDF/UA, ADA Section 508, 21st Century Video and Communications Act - is a must.
You will be a crucial part of leading the team’s operations and help to drive and support the team’s culture, process, priorities and success. As someone continuously involved with cross functional groups, you will be responsible for being the voice of the design team, advocating where needed and diplomatically working through tough situations with other discipline leads.
You @ Attentive
- Be the design accessibility expert and work with cross functional counterparts to manage and maintain updates to company standards through research, collaboration, and knowledge of current trends
- Manage teams across 2 - 3 top initiatives simultaneously with varying complexity
- Help to build and drive a compelling design strategy, ux experience and success metrics for the design organization
- You will help to scale and optimize our design projects and programs -- helping to remove roadblocks, track progress and deliver high-quality user experiences
- Facilitate governance tactics, pitch to leadership and drive team engagement cross functionally
- You will collaborate with cross-functional project owners to plan, track and drive all steps in the project lifecycle. By supporting and improving day-to-day processes across the design team, you ensure all work flows efficiently from start to end.
- Develop and publish a design team roadmap ensuring KPI’s, requirements, dependencies and constraints are clearly reported
- You will spend time learning about, speaking with and solving problems for our customers and helping cross functional teams understand our customers
- Conduct post mortems to assess and implement improvements for future initiatives
Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to identify and suggest potential solutions for accessibility barriers based on WCAG 2.1 standards and PDF/UA as well as compliance with the ADA, Section 508, the Twenty-First Century Communications and Video Accessibility Act, and other accessibility related laws
- 7 - 10 years of experience in driving accessibility in digital, customer facing programs or functions
- 7+ years of project management experience, supporting design or creative initiatives for agencies, startups or enterprises
- Coaching colleagues and clients in one on one, small group, or large forum environments
- Staying ahead of emerging standards and technologies (web, mobile, document) and analyzing impacts to company standards
- Recommending solutions to maintain compliance while creating accessible digital products for an excellent customer experience
- Updating and managing internal documentation to provide guidance and education for a broad audience
- Leading teams and technical discussions and decision-making to resolve complex issues
- Contributing to testing standards that will scale across a large organization
- A solid understanding and experience designing and delivering digital solutions and products, ability to drive accountability amongst team members
- Experience in creating process to manage and enable product design, user research, engineering and product management as well as with cross functional teams including customer service and sales
- Fluent understanding of UX best practices. General knowledge of Design Production, UX Research and Service Design outputs.
- Analytical and loves solving problems, proactive about it
- Excellent communications, presentation, organizational and analytical skills
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-energy environment, with an entrepreneurial ownership mentality.
- Comfortable facilitating user research and presenting design work of team members in their absence
- Comfortable in figma
- Advanced excel / data management skills a huge plus
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.