Robinhood lets you learn to invest in the stock market for free.
About the company
Robinhood is democratizing our financial system. With customers at the heart of our decisions, Robinhood is lowering barriers, removing fees, and providing greater access to financial information. Together, we are building products and services that help create a financial system everyone can participate in.
Robinhood is a fast-growing company and was recognized as a CNBC Disruptor 50 and a LinkedIn Top Startup in 2019. We’re continuing to grow and are looking for incredible talent that can help us achieve our mission.
Robinhood is headquartered in Menlo Park, California, with offices in Lake Mary, Florida, Denver, Colorado, and London, UK.
About the role
We’re looking for a talented and motivated engineering manager to join our brokerage engineering team and help us continue to scale. In this role, you would be expected to manage the Brokerage Infrastructure team. This team will tackle performance bottlenecks, improve system observability, reduce manual tasks through automation, and ensure our core systems are designed for maximum uptime in the face of failures and heavy load. In short, this team will help our products scale to the next 10 million users and beyond. The ideal candidate for this role would be a hands-on and highly technical manager who has worked on scaling infrastructure of fast growing companies in the past.
Your day-to-day will involve:
- Coach and mentor Robinhood’s talented engineers by giving them actionable feedback, setting clear goals, and coordinating project work with other teams and managers
- Deliver high-quality, impactful projects in record time with thoughtful planning
- Apply technical leadership and expertise to both your team and across engineering
- Improve the quality of Robinhood’s products and engineering by refining metrics and establishing processes for improvement
- Work with the recruiting team to hire and retain backend and infrastructure engineers for your team
Some things we consider critical for this role:
- 4+ of experience as a full-time software engineer
- 2+ years of experience as a people manager
- Sharp technical skills and continuing interest in coding and technical details
- Experience working on large-scale distributed systems
- Experience with at least one relational DBMS (ex: Postgres, MySQL)
- Experience with performance monitoring tools (like: Jaeger, DataDog, Graphana, Prometheus)
- Finance experience a plus
- Python, Django/Go, Postgres, Kafka, AWS, Kubernetes experience a plus