Amplitude helps companies build better products.
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
If you are someone who is passionate about engineering and have a high sense of ownership, and love to have impact by managing a small team while continuing to make individual impact, we would love to talk to you. The team you will manage is a growing team of world class engineers focused on Growth. The team is small and fast moving, and you will be expected to develop a cohesive vision and strategy for the team that will evolve over time. You’ll lead the team in finding solutions to difficult and complex problems in growth.
As an Engineering Manager you will:
- Support the growth engineering team, provide context to and align individuals on how specific projects contribute to both personal growth and company impact.
- Grow the team, lead headcount and recruiting for the growth engineering team.
- Earn the trust of your team, and challenge them to grow.
- Work with other leaders in engineering to grow and improve our engineering organization.
- Lead career development, mentor others on technical implementation, and engineering best practices.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product and design teams to build a cohesive strategy for growth
You’ll be a great fit if you:
- Believe that great engineering management starts with building trust and empathy, and ultimately succeeds by being able to challenge your team grow and excel.
- Believe it’s important for engineering managers to stay close to technical problems and continue to contribute independently, as time allows.
- Have worked in an engineering management or technical leadership role before. Experience mentoring and coaching engineers at all levels.
- Come from a strong technical background and have delivered high quality work in a senior engineering position.
- Are able to seek out world class engineers, and successfully recruit them to join your cause.
- Like to work closely with customers to build features and solve problems together.
- Consistently make culture choices that positively impact the broader engineering team.
- Have a good understanding of current and emerging trends in web application development.
- Operate well in the unknown, and enjoy crafting strategy and vision for an evolving team.
- Believe that strong alignment around vision leads to a better product and better outcomes.
- Enjoy working with a world class engineering team, and being given the opportunity to learn and grow.
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Atlassian, Twitter, FuboTV, and Thredup.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, and Paris.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.