Autonomous Vehicle Software Operator
Southern, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark is building self-driving semi trucks intended for long-haul highway routes and has offices in SF and SoCal. We believe this technology will transform the trucking industry by saving lives in preventing the 4,000 fatalities a year caused by truck accidents, reduce the 50,000 truck driver shortage, and make moving goods across the country twice as fast and half as expensive.
We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our transfer hubs.
This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking for people with a passion for autonomous technology and the trucking industry to join our growing team as Vehicle Operators!
About the Role:
- The Autonomous Vehicle Software Operator is the co-pilot in testing our automated trucks: they are responsible for monitoring the self-driving system, taking notes on system performance, and troubleshooting software and hardware issues. Operators work in the right seat next to our safety driver, or remotely out of our SoCal office.
Day-to-day responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Run a variety of development & release tests on the truck’s AV system
- Help ensure safe testing as the co-pilot: inform the safety driver in real-time of expected behaviors of the system
- Provide detailed feedback to our engineering team on the automated system performance
- Troubleshoot and fix basic hardware and software issues that occur during truck operation
- Label lane lines and/or other data for the perception team
Abilities & Requirements:
- Must be a safety minded individual - safety is our highest priority!
- Ability to maintain focus and great attention to detail for long periods of time while riding along in a semi-truck
- Great communication & interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel for several consecutive nights and work on a rotating schedule that includes nights and weekends
- A passion for the autonomous vehicle & trucking industries
- Possess an aptitude for learning new skills in identifying, diagnosing, troubleshooting and conducting repairs of technical issues with the support of our operations & engineering teams
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it! 🚚🤖
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity and are ready to be part of a great team working to make the future of autonomous driving a reality, apply today!
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
A few company highlights: