productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster.
One of the key drivers to our success is our extraordinary emphasis on our people and a commitment to building programs that enable productboarders to contribute to their fullest potential. We are searching for a Director of People Operations to support our Prague and Europe based teams and help drive that effort. This includes supporting our leaders and managers through scale, creating an environment where Productboarders of all backgrounds can thrive, aligning our organizational strategy with our people strategy and using data to develop best practices from 1st principles.
We are looking for someone who is highly motivated, data-driven, comfortable with an extremely fast paced environment and at their core a creative problem solver. This role will report to the VP of People and will be vital in the success of the People organization and the company as a whole.
Being detail-oriented, proactive, curious, and having a good sense of humor are essential!
On a typical day, you will...
- Forge strong connections and lines of communications with employees at all levels across the organization.
- Act as a coach, partner, and confidant to managers and leaders in Prague.
- Advocate for and serve as a resource for Productboard employees.
- Partner with the VP of People to develop programs that continually elevate the caliber, engagement and empathy of Productboarders.
- Analyze people data and trends to inform decisions on strategy and programs.
- Provide the Prague People Ops team with day-to-day leadership to ensure their ongoing development, growth and success.
- Champion Diversity, Equity & Inclusion efforts, including educating and promoting awareness, and ensuring an inclusive work environment that fosters belonging and collaboration.
- Strategize and support the Talent team with best-in-class recruiting strategies, processes & tactics to attract the best talent and to promote Productboard as a great place to work.
- Be fluent in Productboard’s total compensation programs, salary structure, market analysis and overall compensation philosophy. Help educate managers and employees on our pay practices.
- Help inspire a culture that seeks clarity, practices relentless improvement, acts with empathy, fosters transparency and finds strength in togetherness.
What We Are Looking For
- A partner and connector who builds trusted relationships with managers and leaders by providing deep insights and helping them see around corners
- A collaborator, who gets energy from working with leaders to create the best possible teams and organizational structures
- A strategic thinker whose decisions are informed by data, experience and the company’s core values
- A coach who loves building and developing high-impact teams,
- A strategist and scaler, who can connect the dots between where we’re going and how we need to nudge the organization to get there.
What you should have
- 10+ years of combined HR experience (i.e. HR business partnership, operations, compensation programs, talent acquisition or similar) preferably with a mix of experience in fast-growing technology companies and more established organizations
- Experience leading, developing and managing HR and Talent teams
- Adept at partnering and influencing senior leaders to help drive their people strategy and increase business results
- Strong analytical and project management skills, proven ability to design clear processes, and a very detail-oriented yet flexible approach to problem solving
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- A strategic thinker, that can also focus on tactical and operational issues with a history of managing on-going operational deliverables and sudden, high priority, tasks.
- A “people person" – the ability to connect people and meet them where they are while being able to deliver messages in a simple manner.
- BA/BS degree with focus in HR or Business, or equivalent practical experience
💰Competitive compensation, Stock options
📚A budget for your professional development and on-going learning
🏝4 weeks of paid vacation and paid sick days
🏋Company contribution to Gym & Wellness memberships
🍹Team events, such as happy hours, off-sites, and retreats
⏱Flexible working hours and home office
Productboard is the product management system that helps organizations get the right products to market, faster. Designed using the Product Excellence Methodology, Productboard aligns everyone on the right features to build next.
Over 2,500 modern, product-led companies, including Microsoft, Zendesk, and UiPath, use Productboard to understand what users need, prioritize what to build next, and rally everyone around their roadmap.
With offices in San Francisco and Prague, we are backed by leading venture capitalists including Sequoia Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, Kleiner Perkins, Index Ventures, and Credo Ventures.
About our culture
At Productboard, values aren’t just something we like to talk about, they’re something we live and breathe. We believe in creating a work environment where people feel empowered, supported, and included. Where trust and transparency are built into the way we work. And where creativity, curiosity, and continuous improvement are encouraged and nurtured every day.
You can read more about our culture and company values here, get to know your future colleagues by listening to our people of Productboard podcast, or check out our Instagram profile for more info about life at Productboard.