Shared inbox for teams.
Head of FP&A
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 6,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
Front was featured in Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of ‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Zapier’s Apps at Work Report: The Fastest Growing Apps of 2019, the Bay Area’s Great Places to Work, and of course Glassdoor.
We are looking for a Head of Finance who is passionate about making an impact at a fast-growing company. You will own the development and operational excellence of bookings, revenue and expense forecast models and partner closely with business leaders across multiple functions including engineering, product, sales, and marketing to ensure the financial and operational rigor of the business. You will play a central role in decisions affecting Front’s go-to-market strategy as we accelerate through an unprecedented phase of growth and success at scale. Your financial and strategic expertise will enable you to identify and mitigate issues before they arise in order to safeguard the integrity of financial models.
What you'll do:
- Manage our consolidated strategic and financial planning processes, the annual operating plan, rolling financial forecasts, and the underlying financial planning models, systems, and tools
- Collaborate with leadership across the company to provide analytical rigor and evaluate strategic initiatives and key decision processes
- Lead analytical efforts supporting our business teams in an unstructured environment to identify insights and improve decision-making
- Drive alignment on key performance indicators(KPIs) to measure business results and evaluate the health of the business
- Develop advanced modeling and analysis to highlight business trends and understand variance drivers
- Drive critical decision making and deliver clear communication and insights to our leaders and the Board
- Manage a team with building team culture to improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the FP&A function
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of FP&A experience in a Sr. Director or Director level role. Experience in FP&A, business finance, investment banking, management consulting or related fields in a rapidly growing tech company
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills, extensive experience building integrated models from scratch, in Excel or in other planning applications; and experience resolving complex business problems with well-structured analytics
- A proven ability to identify and drive impactful financial outcomes, and to manage complex projects across multiple teams
- A proven ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the organization and to build strong working relationships
- A proclivity for working in fast-paced environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrable experience leading, developing and mentoring finance professionals, growing future leaders and inspiring high performing teams
- Understanding of GAAP and key accounting and revenue recognition principles underlying SaaS businesses
- Experience with SaaS business models, metrics and KPIs
- Experience with financial systems including, NetSuite & Salesforce
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.