Machine Learning Engineer
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
Our deep learning team focuses on developing systems that sense and perceive the world around our self-driving truck. Within our deep learning team, you will focus on optimizing deep learning algorithms into production-ready self-driving perception systems.
- Build and maintain pipelines and benchmarks to improve model performance
- Optimize the training process for deep learning models
- Design in-truck validation experiments and conduct full-system integration and tests
Experience Should Include:
- 2-5+ years of professional experience in software engineering with exposure to backend systems
- Interest in deep learning and self-driving
- Interest in building metrics and visualization systems to track model performance
- Strong C++ and Python skills
Experience Might Include:
- Experience training and optimizing deep learning networks
- Experience in designing and building UIs to help monitor experiments, plot results, and visualize benchmarks
- Experience in designing and building machine learning/deep learning data pipelines
- Prior academic or industrial experience in autonomous driving
When you apply, address the application to Kiana and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: