Security cameras backed by smart software.
Enterprise Solutions Engineer - Greater DC Area
Washington, DC, US
Job Description / Skills Required
At Verkada, we’re rethinking what it means to be physically safe. Today, we build security cameras that detect action, identify danger and help keep people and places safe and secure. Using a combination of software and hardware, we’re transforming an industry that has seen little innovation for decades—and we already support thousands of customers. But this is just the beginning. We envision a world in which security systems feel as seamless and modern as the organizations they protect and our enterprise solution becomes a model for not just business security, but public security as well.
Verkada is seeking an Enterprise Field Solution Engineer in the Greater DC area with expert experience in Cloud Security, IoT Systems, Networking, Linux systems, Security Surveillance and Access Control. This individual will partner directly with their territory account executives to expand the Verkada footprint upmarket into Fortune 500 companies. Responsibilities include directly interfacing with customers/partners throughout the sales process, overcoming technical objections, assisting customers in designing deployments with Verkada Products and providing technical assistance to territory account reps. The ideal candidate will be highly motivated, able to learn quickly and work independently while making impactful results for the company remotely.
- Be the subject matter authority on the full Verkada suite of products and offerings and articulate the value added benefits to customers throughout the sales process.
- Act as a trusted advisor for Verkada Customers and overcome objections while securing the technical win for Verkada.
- Effectively present the Verkada solution to all levels of customer, from C-level executives to loss prevention managers and directors of IT.
- Work directly with your Account Managers to develop territory strategy for Verkada.
- Design Verkada solutions that range from: Network Security recommendations/bandwidth requirements, choosing proper Verkada products for Physical Security and deployment. Cloud Security RFP's/Documents, LTE deployments.
- Stay up to date on the security and IoT industry by attending and presenting at strategic conferences and providing thought leadership within the market
- Be a Product Technical Evangelist in training/educating partners, customers, and internal employees on the latest Verkada product offerings.
- Write White Papers and Knowledge Base articles about Verkada Products, features, and integrations.
- 25% Travel may be required
- Entrepreneurial and positive attitude with a strong desire to learn.
- 5+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer, with a proven track record of working with Fortune 500 companies.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Information and Computer Technology, Networking, IT Security from an accredited university.
- Strong background in Networking: Experience with HTTPS/SSL, VLANs, TCP/IP, DNS, NAT devices, DHCP servers, Firewalls and software systems.
- Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills in order to clearly and efficiently articulate technical matters with customers and partners.
- Able to work and adapt to an ever evolving workplace and company.
- Genuine excitement for software/hardware products, Cloud Security and IoT devices and can speak to how they work.
- Industry certifications are a plus: AWS, CCNA, CCDA, CCNP, MCSE, CEH, Security+, A+, Network+, Microsoft Azure, CISSP, CSP.
- Experience working with API's, Python, and other coding languages is a plus.
- Experience working with Linux systems are a plus.
- Bonus points if you have previous startup experience.
About our team
Behind the scenes, we’re a team of computer scientists, hardware engineers and experienced founders who saw a chance to make a real impact. We’re united by the challenge of building beautiful products, designed for real people—and by our commitment to using technology responsibly. We believe keeping data private and secure is core to our safety as individuals, businesses and communities and we put great care into building systems that embody our values as people. Likewise, many of Silicon Valley’s top investors believe in us: we’re backed by Sequoia Capital, FirstRound, Meritech and Siemens (Next47).
Verkada is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status, and encourage all qualified applicants to apply.
More Jobs at Verkada
- Channel Sales Manager - Northern California US San Mateo, CA, US
- Enterprise Solutions Engineer - The Carolinas Raleigh, NC, US
- Enterprise Solutions Engineer - Greater Toronto Area Toronto, CA
- Enterprise Solutions Engineer - Greater Minneapolis-Saint Paul Area Minneapolis, MN, US