Building the platform that enables thousands of data scientists to develop better medicines, grow more productive crops, build better cars, or simply recommend the best song to play next.
United States of America
At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or simply recommend the best song to play next.
Domino is looking for a dynamic, passionate, and innovative Head of Communications to join a world-class team where you will play a strategic role in the growth of the Domino brand by leading our AR, PR, Social, and Influencer functions. This individual will work with the marketing team, executive staff, and other teams across the business to create and tell the compelling customer and technology stories that showcase the value of Domino, our solutions, and our vision to help the world run on models.
A successful candidate must have extensive public and analyst relations experience within the enterprise technology sector; demonstrate outstanding writing skills; have a passion for building, promoting and expanding global brands; and have the established relationships with key press necessary to hit the ground running.
- Serve as Domino’s ‘Head of Category Creation’: We believe we’re building a new industry category, and are looking for a highly motivated and creative person to lead this effort. We get to work with the C-Suite in the world’s largest enterprises as they build data science into a core competency in their companies. Our front-row seat to this transformation gives this role a great platform to magnify across PR, our Influencers, Social, etc.
- Build and manage a robust, scalable Comms program for Domino: We have a lot of great pieces in place - over 20 of the Fortune 100; customer testimonials which include the teams working on Covid-19 vaccines, cancer research, climate change; partnerships with the biggest SIs all in the “AI” space - but need someone to package it efficiently for consumption by industry analysts and the press.
- Relationships and know-how necessary to secure a regular cadence of top-tier placements for Domino across tech and mainstream press. Work with our Product Marketing, Product and Field organizations to understand what’s new and exciting, and turn this into compelling pitches for relevant press and analysts.
- Create and own our Influencer program; finding and encouraging industry thought leaders to amplify our point of view, and help shape how enterprises think about their data science capabilities.
- Write press releases, blogs, social media posts and other collateral across all market-facing channels.
- Direct and strategize with our PR agency to develop campaigns, prioritize work, and maximize our reach.
- Manage our AR agency and process, working closely with our Product Marketing team. They know the content, analysts and competitive landscape - the AR agency manages the process - but we need someone to tie it together.
- Manage contracts, programs, briefings, inquiries and assessments with key analysts at Gartner, Forrester Research, et al.
- Develop, manage and execute PR and social media plans to amplify customer stories, innovative product launches, and company announcements while maintaining and refining the Domino voice.
- 7+ years of experience in PR in enterprise SaaS software, preferably with experience also overseeing the AR program.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, marketing, public relations, business or related subject.
- Excellent writing and copywriting skills across a wide range of artifacts, from press releases to blog and social posts to contributed content/articles.
- Expertise with social media strategies, tools, and execution.
- The ability to establish relationships and build trust with reporters, industry analysts, customers, partners, and colleagues across the company.
- Knowledge of major analyst firm business models, processes, and online resources (Gartner, Forrester, etc.) and experience working with them.
- Experience working in business- or trade-journalism, or on the agency side would be very interesting.
- Team-first attitude and a bias for action.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation, commission, and equity package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits for both you and your dependents
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- Opportunity to work with passionate people in a mission-driven company
- Stipend towards work from home expenses
Domino Data Lab celebrates diversity and welcomes equal opportunity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills, and creating an inclusive environment for all employees.