Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces in eight markets (presence in nine countries) across Southeast Asia, Taiwan, Hong Kong and India. Carousell is backed by Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, Sequoia Capital, and Naspers.
The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
- Be responsible for building relationships with business stakeholders across the Carousell organisation, understand their needs and data requirements and providing relevant data reports, visualisations, analysis and meaningful insights in a timely manner
- Support the various business functions of the company with the maintenance and generation of business management and operational reports
- Be able to spot patterns and trends in our data and propose solutions to respond such trends and insights
- Be able to identify gaps and issues in our data and resolve them, and propose long term solutions to better increase our data integrity from the moment the data is collected, ingested, stored and processed
- Strong familiarity with data frameworks and tools (SQL, R or Excel) and a programming languages such as Python
- Data-driven and passionate about solving problems through data
- Inquisitive and curious to delve deep into data to investigate trends or anomalies
- Detail oriented and be able to work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Visualize and communicate findings and data insights to various stakeholders in a coherent and logical manner
- Keen on data technologies and picking up new skills and tools along the way
- Strong critical thinking and ability to frame issues in a logical manner