Social image editing app and creative community
PicsArt is looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join its highly talented team. This is a great opportunity for you to work on a large scale distributed system deployed on more than 1000 servers in 4 data centers handling more than 40K requests per second.
You will work with cutting edge languages, frameworks, and tools such as: -JavaSript, TypeScript, Java, Kotlin, Scala; -5 different NoSQL databases; -Microservices, Docker/Kubernetes, Spark, ELK Stack and much more.
This is a rare opportunity to join an extremely innovative fast-paced and dynamic global consumer tech company. PicsArt is the world’s #1 creative platform and social editing app with more than 150M monthly active creators and an install base of more than 1 billion! This position can be based in Barcelona, Prague or Vienna working remotely from your home office.Responsibilities:
- Build mission-critical applications that process ten thousand requests per second through a microservices architecture;
- Develop API’s and integrations for a large-scale application according to business needs and priorities;
- Create high-quality code that is scalable, reliable and reusable;
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle, including development, code reviews, testing, and production deployment;
- Write unit/integration tests to ensure the high quality of the application.
- 5+ years of Experience with NodeJS or Java;
- Experience with document-oriented databases such as MongoDB is required;
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes;
- Experience with key-value databases such as Redis is a plus;
- Experience with Spring framework is a plus;
- Knowledge of design principles of high-performance scalable applications is required;
- Knowledge of data structures and algorithms;
- Knowledge of non-relational databases.