Ironclad builds contracts solutions that empower legal teams to do more legal work, less paperwork.
Director of HR
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Ironclad is the leading digital contracting platform for legal teams. By streamlining contract workflows, from creation and approvals to compliance and insights, Ironclad frees up in-house counsel to be the strategic advisors they’re meant to be. Ironclad is used by modern General Counsels and their teams at companies like Dropbox, AppDynamics and Fitbit to unlock the power of their contracts data. Ironclad was named one of the 20 Rising Stars as part of the Forbes 2019 Cloud 100 list, the definitive list of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world. The company is backed by investors like Accel, Sequoia, Y Combinator and Emergence Capital.
You'll help expand our HR & Operations systems from the ground up to support our growing team and business for scale. You’ll partner with both senior leaders and individual contributors to help educate, advise and influence our ability to hire, motivate, and retain amazing teammates.
This includes areas of focus like: organization strategy, manager training, people development, total rewards, benefits, career architecture, compliance, people-related policies, system and process roll out, and change management. You’ll look ahead to keep us compliant as we add new employees, customers, and offices while ensuring we continue to be a leading place to work.
What you will be doing:
- Be a trusted advisor to the Executive team for high-impact HR strategy and initiatives, including but not limited to change management, manager development, and employee engagement and retention
- Manage, support and mentor HR & People Ops teammates
- Coach and enable both managers and employees on their professional development and success
- Drive initiatives to preserve and scale our culture as we continue to experience exponential growth
- Monitor and interpret trends and metrics around employee satisfaction, attrition and turnover, etc.
- Evaluate and assess existing and new HR & People Ops systems and software, owning all implementation, deployment and best practices
- Expert in compliance, benefits, policy, and issue resolution
- Champion diversity & inclusion within the workplace
- Support the Recruiting team and our employees by serving as the lead on all immigration matters
- 6+ years experience with HR for a high-growth, dynamic organization
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective relationships across all levels of organizations and departments
- History of working closely with executives, managers and employees to handle a variety of issues and tasks, including organization design and change, transfers, promotions, performance issues, onboarding & offboarding
- Demonstrated ability to support major initiatives across challenging business groups
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to conduct group facilitation, coach and counsel managers at all levels
- Good working knowledge of applicable employment laws
- Proven HR experience preferably within a high-growth technology organization
- Passion for data integrity, process definition, and continuous learning
- Results-driven, solutions-oriented, and comfortable in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensationHealth, dental, and vision insurance401kWellness reimbursementTake what you need vacation policyGenerous parental leave for both primary and secondary caregiversCommuter benefitsIn office meals & fully stocked snacks
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.