Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
HR Business Partner
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
We are looking for an experienced HR Business Partner to join the Attentive team. Attentive is a fast-paced, results driven organization that is scaling quickly. You will need to be able to stay one step ahead of our growth and be able to coach and support our managers as we scale. You will be an employee advocate, advisor, and coach and you will work closely with all levels of the organization to help build and support a high performing team. You will drive impact through coaching managers, managing performance, building strong relationships, and leading new initiatives.
- Be a trusted advisor and thought leader to managers and an advocate for employees
- Provide coaching and consultative support to employees & managers in the business units you support
- Build a strong business relationship with internal customers and the leadership team
- Drive a high-performance culture and provoke positive change in people management
- Proactively support and deliver HR programs to the business in the areas of employee relations, training & development, performance management, onboarding/offboarding, change management and resource planning.
- Craft and implement creative and progressive talent strategies, addressing retention and development needs
- Be empathetic and thoughtful in your approach and will be obsessed with identifying areas of improvement and proposing and executing on solutions.
- You will need to be forward thinking and creative to recommend and execute on people strategies to drive business outcomes and enable our team to be their best.
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of progressive HR experience with a minimum of 3 years in a generalist capacity in a high-tech environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proven track record of developing, executing against, and measuring the success of people programs
- Passionate about building and supporting strong teams with aggressive goals
- The ability to effectively partner with cross-functional partners (e.g. Finance, Legal) and the broader HR team to build a better employee experience for employees
- Ability to thrive in an fast-paced environment; problem solving skills are a must
- Thoughtful discretion and hyper-sensitivity around confidential and sensitive information
- Desire to learn and grow
- HR and/or coaching certifications are a plus
Benefits and Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.