Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
We’re searching for a Senior HR Business Partner to join our incredible People Ops (POps) team. You’ll be responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management for our Product organization. You’ll serve as a trusted consultant to leaders and managers on people-related issues. You’ll formulate partnerships across your client group to bring programs to life and build rapport with all levels of employees. Our HRBPs help their client groups focus on areas like individual/team development, goal setting, performance management, employee engagement, workforce planning, and talent management. You will support your teams to exceed goals and maintain high engagement.
Dedicated HRBP for the Product, Strategy, Security and Legal departments. Within this group you will:
- Support Aurora’s end to end talent management process while partnering with Talent and hiring managers on hiring goals and offer approvals.
- Partner with your leaders and POps program leads to help plan training & development initiatives.
- Contribute to the support and implementation of policies, procedures, systems and initiatives across your group.
- Develop, enhance and/or provide individual and group training on a variety of HR tools, policies and procedures, and topics as required including Annual Employee training, New Hire training, Manager training.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues while partnering with internal employment counsel as needed.
- Develops and follows through on ad-hoc programs for your client group that help increase engagement and retention.
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance with an emphasis on non-exempt employees.
- Maintain a deep understanding of California, Pennsylvania, Montana, and Texas regulations.
- Bachelor’s degree, PHR/SPHR designation or advanced degree preferred.
- 7+ years of experience as an HRBP or HR Manager.
- Experience in a fast growing technology company is preferred.
- Effective communication with people at all levels of the organization including ability to explain complex ideas in a simple, clear manner.
- Able to develop and facilitate L&D materials such as team training.
- Proven ability to build solid, trusting and credible relationships.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills. You solve tough problems quickly and thoughtfully.
- A strong bias for action. You are self-motivated and know when to seek further support from the right stakeholders.
- Detail oriented and laser-focused on supporting internal processes & systems.
- Experience with organizational design and designing reporting structures.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson developed MIT'S Intelligent CoPilot, then led the team that delivered Tesla Autopilot. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.
- 2021 Summer Internship - Government Relations Mountain View, CA, US
- 2021 Summer Internship - IT Support Mountain View, CA, US
- 2021 Summer Internship - Sensor Characterization & Automation Mountain View, CA, US
- 2021 Summer Internship - Technical Product/Program Manager (TPM), Simulation Mountain View, CA, US