Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
At Bird, we’re on a mission to make cities more livable by reducing traffic and carbon emissions with an affordable, convenient, and eco-friendly transportation option. We planted roots in Los Angeles, California. Now, our fleet of electric scooters is available to riders in cities around the world for short trips or the “last mile” of their journey. In our first year, Bird launched in over 100 cities and provided over 10 million rides. And we’re only just getting started.
The Account Management team drives revenue and operational improvement from Bird Fleet Managers across the United States. The Fleet Manager program is a new global program for local entrepreneurs and small businesses interested in operating a fleet of scooters in their city.
This is an opportunity to join a team with tremendous impact on the growth of Bird’s existing and future presence in cities. As an Account Manager, you will focus on the onboarding, launching, continued management, and success of our Bird Partners in cities throughout the United States. You will partner with fleet managers to set the strategy for their business, drive accountability, and motivate and track key performance metrics. This role will work with a large number of small business owners.
The Account Manager works cross functionally with our City Operations team (including our General Manager for the region), our Sales team (who is responsible for bringing in new fleet managers) and other organizations within Bird (e.g. Product, Communication, Finance).
- Manage all operational requests from Fleet Managers and act as a main point of contact for day-to-day requests
- Analyze the data across your portfolio of Fleet Managers, continuously looking for ways to improve performance of each Fleet Manager
- Actively monitor market health (utilization, ride behavior/etiquette, etc.), and make recommendations to the Fleet Manager to improve their fleet metrics
- Influence Fleet Manager business strategy by looking around corners to ensure that Fleet Managers are making positive decisions that ensure the long-term success of their business as well as all of our city partners and other customers
- Maintain a consistent relationship with General Managers in each market that our Fleet Managers operate, and work with the local operations team to ensure the portfolio of Fleet Managers contributes to the greater performance of the local market
- Identify opportunities to improve the overall Fleet Manager experience
- 2+ years of experience in account management or client facing roles. Operational experience is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Salesforce or a similar Customer Relationship Management tool
- Open to travel as necessary to meet with assigned partners(Due to the evolving nature of COVID-19, all travel will be assessed for personal safety/comfort and local restrictions)
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize multiple, competing priorities and deadlines.
- Demonstrable, creative problem-solving and analytical skills, using data to drive decisions in a business environment.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with strong interpersonal skills for coaching and motivating others to succeed.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to build and maintain positive, strategic relationships both internally and externally.
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.