Security service combining advances in autonomous cars, machine learning, anomaly detection, and 2-way telepresence to enable security personnel.
Job Description / Skills Required
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is comprised of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact with us and help build a company that is known for its excellence in engineering, passion for progress, and dedication to customers.
About the role: The Application Engineer is at our front lines, actively coordinating between Engineering, Sales, and our Customers. You will manage our fleet of robots, deploy new robots to new customers (often early morning EST), and work on new system integrations. Every day will have new interesting problems to solve across our entire technology stack - from debugging hardware, to robotics algorithms, to our web and customer-facing interfaces. You should be excited to learn, teach, and collaborate!
What you’ll do:
- Learn deeply about the robot and communicate with both technical and non-technical teammates
- Test and troubleshoot issues related to the robot or customer systems
- Configure and test newly manufactured robots
- Configure and test new customer deployments, including mapping, elevator integrations, etc
- Design and develop new internal tools
What you need:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, or a related field
- Industry software engineering experience (full time or internship)
- Python and/or C++ experience in a Linux environment
- System administration and command-line experience on Linux platforms
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excitement to learn about many different pieces of technology, from our robots to our web infrastructure
- Experience with Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Experience with network configuration (especially in Linux)
- Experience with hardware
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.