Enables developers to build, ship, and run applications anywhere.
The Docker Hub team develops and maintains the largest and most popular container registry service in the world today, Docker Hub. Millions of users - community developers, open source projects and Independent Software Vendors - push and pull Docker container images billions of times through Docker Hub. If you are an experienced Full Stack Software Engineer and want to play a critical role in the evolution of Docker Hub and Docker’s next chapter, then this role is for you.
As a Senior FullStack Software Engineer in the Docker Hub team, you will build and enhance the user interface around the container registry to deliver a top tier experience for free and paid users of Docker Hub. You will play an active role in designing and developing APIs that front-end components leverage from micro services powering Docker Hub and develop a solid understanding of the Docker Hub backend services. You will be constantly seeking ways to improve CI/CD around the Docker Hub front end to ensure we maintain a high level of quality with a fast pace of delivery. Finally, you should be passionate about how developers’ lives could be made easier, and about Docker’s role in that.
- Deliver a top tier user experience for Docker Hub
- Play an active role in product discussions, influence the roadmap and end user experience, take ownership and responsibility over new projects and features, and turn those ideas into reality
- Interact with other teams within Docker, as well as with upstream open source communities and our users
- Participate in on-call rotations and improve reliability and availability of Docker Hub services
- Play an active role in improving the way Hub frontend is tested and deployed
- Experience with modern programming languages like golang or Java for developing backend micro services.
- Understanding of the challenges of running a SaaS platform at global scale
- Good Written communication skills
- Ability to work remotely across time zones
- Follow good software engineering practices such as code review, source control, continuous integration and testing
- Ability to work in a team with other developers and partnering with User Experience experts, Product Management and Operations teams.
- Experience with developing Microservices
- Experience with Docker