Moonfrog Labs creates social games for mobile devices.
The Engineering Manager will be responsible to lead the Engineering team and its deliverables for Moonfrog’s multi million dollar flagship games.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Take responsibility to lead the overall Software Engineering delivery for more than one game teams
- Partner with different stakeholders to define the long term Engineering delivery roadmap and partner with the “General Manager” on business delivery for the game teams
- Take overall responsibility to build and improve high quality engineering practices and capabilities in the game teams
- Build a strong process and drive periodic design and architecture reviews
- Provide guidance to the Engineering team members and enable them in achieving
- their job responsibilities
- Provide mentoring to the Engineering team members, enabling their capability &
- career development.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Engineering (or an equivalent degree), with 10+ years of experience in different Software Engineering roles
- At least 2-3 years of experience in people management roles, managing high calibre Engineering teams and Managers
- Strong background in building backend technologies over distributed systems. Hands on experience in building platforms, technologies and systems for products they have worked on
- Background in building large scale mobile applications used by millions of users - will be preferred
- Ability to partner with stakeholders (Principal Engineer, Architect, General Manager) to formulate and execute the Engineering roadmap
- A hands on professional, while working as a Manager, should be equally comfortable working closely with the Engineering team members
- Strong business alignment - ability to build deep insights of business requirements and align software delivery to those requirements
- Comfortable to work in a fast paced, evolving work environment.
- Prior experience of having managed Engineering at Scale will be preferred.
- This role reports into the General Manager of the Game Teams
- Engineering teams, comprising of Software Engineers, Senior Software Engineers
- and Dev Ops Engineers will directly or indirectly report to this role.
Why work with us?
- Work for one of the fastest growing and successful gaming organizations across India and APAC
- Build games and applications that are played by millions of users the world over
- Enjoy working in small teams and a non bureaucratic environment
- Enjoy an environment that provides high levels of empowerment and space to
- achieve your objectives
- Work in a highly profitable and growing organization, with opportunities to
- accelerate and shape your career
- Great benefits - apart from competitive compensation & benefits, free food, flexible
- timings, best hospitalization and health cover (for self and family)
- Above all - a “fun” working environment