Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird’s Platform and Fleet Manager products allow entrepreneurs from anywhere in the world to partner with Bird to launch their own fleet of scooters using our proprietary technology. The Sales team is responsible for leading Bird’s global expansion by sourcing, vetting, signing, and scaling new partners across a spectrum of size and complexity.
We are looking for a business development representative to join the North American sales team within our Global Revenue org. The BDR will be a vital member of the Sales Team, responsible for reaching out to and interfacing with entrepreneurs to gauge interest in partnering with Bird. This person will be a critical member of the team, working cross-functionally to ensure eligibility of each client while acting as a trusted partner and advisor.
- Source potential partners for the business through cold calling and prospecting
- Respond to inquiries and inbound leads; following up with all potential clients
- Identifies any needs of the client while qualifying interest and eligibility
- Creates a positive, lasting relationship with each client
- Works cross-functionally with the rest of the Sales and Operations teams as clients are advancing through the funnel
- Thrives on change and takes on new clients or projects as needed
- 1-2 years of experience in a sales or client facing role preferred
- High level of energy, motivation, and commitment
- Effective communicator, both internal and external
- Positive attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Highly organized and adaptable team player
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart, and open-minded group. Our employees are passionate about our mission, and eager to complete their work at the highest level. The office itself is up tempo and supportive, because we care about each other. People first, people.
We want people to succeed at Bird, so we give our teams plenty of time off to relax and recharge. We also offer a generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, on-demand doctor visits, childcare support, a pre-tax commuter account for mass transit or parking, a wellness stipend, and more.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.