Pendulum is developing a range of microbiome interventions targeting a variety of human health issues, starting with metabolic diseases, to help improve human health and wellbeing.
Lead Data Scientist, Marketing
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Pendulum™ is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing, and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live SynbioticsTM (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration. Pendulum™ has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are a highly collaborative, cross-functional team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development, and nutrition. We greatly value individuals' skills in focused, transparent communication, as our team's success depends on it.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
We are looking for a hands-on Lead Data Scientist supporting Marketing with experience in biotech. While you'll primarily be responsible for partnering with the Pendulum marketing team, you'll also work cross-functionally with team leads across multiple disciplines, including Engineering, Manufacturing, R&D, and Clinical. Success for this role includes acting collaboratively as a partner and educational advocate - you'll help internal end-users learn how to translate their domain expertise into exciting data analytic insights that they'll be able to use. You will be the expert on the end-to-end data flow and work with Pendulum Marketing and business teams. As an applicant, we want you to help define how you would build and drive the analytics roadmap and tech stack to support Pendulum's omni-channel growth.
What You'll Do
- Design KPI reporting and dashboards to monitor business performance. Establish reporting standards and set consistent KPI definitions across the company. Develop new KPIs and business metrics to analyze an ever evolving business.
- Provide in-depth insights into drivers of business performance - analyze new and existing business initiatives across different tools, including CRM, retention, digital, customer service, and nutrition consultations.
- Manager and build the infrastructure to be able to test and measure business tactics for acquisition and retention strategies (e.g., using a CRM, Google Analytics, customer service).
- Bridge the gap between business requirements and technical implementation by troubleshooting data discrepancies and communicating with high-level stakeholders internally.
- Mentor data scientists/analysts
- Make Pendulum a great place to work by actively supporting career development, growth, and mentoring of individuals; and by fostering a fun and inclusive team where everyone feels welcome.
What You'll Know
- BS in Computer Science, Business Analytics, or related fields.
- Minimum of 2 years of managing or mentoring data scientists/analysts
- Minimum of 5 years of industry experience as an individual contributor Data Scientist
- Able to learn new technologies quickly and act independently
- Experience with running Google Analytics, GoogleAds and Tag Manager.
- Experience working with a CRM/CPM.
- Experience working with marketing and business teams on complex problems and translating them to efficient, scalable and easy to maintain data engineering and analytics solutions
Plus: Experience with Looker, or other Business Intelligence data visualizations and analytics technologies
Pendulum's™ team is as diverse as a healthy microbiome. We welcome all to apply.