Amplitude helps companies build better products.
Amplitude’s mission is to help companies build better products. By building best-in-class teams, we create best-in-class products that customers love. We approach challenges with humility, we take ownership over our work, and our growth mindset pushes us to constantly improve ourselves, each other, and the value we bring to customers.
Building a consciously inclusive company is a critical focus at Amplitude, which is led and supported by our CEO. The Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will report to the CFO and work alongside our People Team to develop and drive our DEI goals, while working to position Amplitude as an industry leader in the DEI space.
The Head of DEI will design and drive an ongoing DEI strategy across the company. Our initial strategy is focused on increasing the representation of Black Ampliteers at all levels of Amplitude, & reducing microaggressions, creating a culture in which it’s safe to call them out. The policies & processes we’re creating to accomplish these goals will lift DEI across all underrepresented groups; the strategy will evolve & expand to ensure we’re increasing representation across all underrepresented groups.
Our strategy will be supported by accountability at all levels of the company, embedded in our existing performance evaluation levers.
In this role you’ll get to:
- Build DEI plans aligned with and in support of our business plans; develop goals and strategies; implement and scale initiatives across teams
- Audit existing programs from a DEI lens and implement solutions
- Partner with Recruiting, Hiring Managers and ERG leaders to develop workplace strategies to attract and hire a workforce that is representative of the communities we work in
- Consult HR Business Partners and senior leaders to co-develop appropriate reports, metrics and research
- Partner with the People team and departmental leaders to co-develop policies and processes that foster a more inclusive environment
- Design and deliver learning programs, coach and inspire Ampliteers to build a more inclusive culture and practice Allyship
- Serve as a resource for all Ampliteers through education and collaboration on DEI initiatives across the company
- Analyze results, measure outcomes and develop initiatives while bringing the rest of the stakeholders on the journey
- Help build Amplitude’s employer brand as a chosen workplace for people who care about DEI
You probably are/have:
- Excellent diversity, equity and inclusion knowledge, experience and networks
- An analytical mindset, a data centric approach and the ability to think strategically and programmatically
- Experience/exposure to designing and implementing programs related to DEI
- Demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of an organization without direct authority through building trusted relationships
- A change agent who brings compassion, accountability and a growth mindset to your work
It doesn't matter who you are, where you come from, what you look like or whom you love. We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background lead to a better environment for everyone.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we don’t think there’s a perfect candidate – Amplitude is a place where everyone can grow. So if you’re excited by the challenge and you think this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day, please apply!
Who We Are
The Company: Amplitude is filled with humble, life-long learners who are eager to help one another and the company succeed. Our values of growth mindset, ownership, and humility are core to the way we work: we’re tenacious in the face of challenges, we take the initiative to solve problems that drive our shared success, and we operate from a place of empathy and openness, seeking to understand many points of view.
We care about the well-being of our team: along with excellent health insurance, we offer flexible time off, a monthly wellness stipend, delicious in-office lunch, dinner, & snacks, commuting benefits, a 12-week parental leave, a generous Learning & Development stipend, and a full 10 year window to exercise your stock options.
The Product: Amplitude is a product intelligence platform– we help companies understand their users, rapidly release better product experiences, and grow their business. We’re super proud of what we’ve built and continue to build on: a platform that enables companies to thrive.
Other fun facts about Amplitude:
- Founded in 2012, Amplitude is backed by Sequoia Capital, IVP, Battery Ventures, Benchmark Capital, Y Combinator and other top tier investors.
- Over twenty of the Fortune 100 are now customers of Amplitude as are innovative brands such as Microsoft, Ford, NBC Universal, Hubspot, and PayPal.
- We have offices in San Francisco (HQ), New York, Amsterdam, London, Paris and Singapore.
- Our mascot is the datamonster, who loves to chow down on all your numbers, charts, and graphs. Nom nom.
Amplitude provides equal employment opportunities (EEO). All applicants are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Amplitude’s D&I Commitment: Amplitude believes that diversity enables creation of better products, ability to solve complex problems, and drive more powerful solutions. In order to make diversity possible, we commit to striving to create an environment of inclusion: an environment focused on psychological safety, empathy, and human connection, which will allow employees of all backgrounds to feel the care they need to thrive.