Security service combining advances in autonomous cars, machine learning, anomaly detection, and 2-way telepresence to enable security personnel.
Senior Backend Engineer
San Mateo, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is comprised of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact with us and help build a company that is known for its excellence in engineering, passion for progress, and dedication to customers.
About the role: You should be a generalist who loves diving into many different areas, learning new technologies, and wearing many different hats. Your goal will be to improve our backend code and infrastructure that supports our fleet of robots and our customers. You'll work closely with our frontend and robotics teams to implement cross stack projects, while maintaining security and reliability.
What you’ll do:
- Design and implement new backend APIs to support customer facing features and internal features
- Scale our infrastructure to support our growing fleet of robots, customers, and internal human operators
- Architect and maintain our cloud infrastructure in AWS
- Mentor and coach other team members. Lead design reviews and code reviews
What you need:
- BA / BS in Computer Science or a related field
- 2+ years industry experience with Python
- Experience with AWS and DevOps
- Experience with Django
- Experience working in a fast paced startup environment
- Experience with networking and security
- Experience with websockets
- Experience with Ansible or similar devops tools
- Experience with OTA updates to hardware devices
- Experience acting as a team lead and helping set priorities
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.