Conversational marketing platform.
Tampa, FL, US
Drift is the Revenue Acceleration platform that uses Conversational Marketing and Conversational Sales to help companies grow revenue and increase customer lifetime value, faster. More than 50,000 businesses use Drift to align sales and marketing on a single platform to deliver a unified customer experience where people are free to have a conversation with a business at any time, on their terms. Our mission is to use conversations to make business buying frictionless, more enjoyable, and more human.
About the team
We put the customer at the center of everything we do, and everyone who works at Drift has a part in driving customer success. The goal of the Customer Success Team is to ensure our customers launch Drift successfully, adopt it into their organization, and achieve the results and value they want. In addition, you will provide strategic guidance to your small portfolio of customers to ensure they are optimizing Drift well beyond their initial implementation. You will be the “air traffic controller” for your customer base, closely collaborating with the Account Management and Product teams to ensure your customer base is successful and growing. All this while building strong relationships with your day-to-day and executive contacts within your customer base, positioning yourself and Drift as trusted advisors to the customer’s conversational marketing strategy.
About the Role
As a Solutions Engineer, you’ll be leading the technical discussion with our key customers to make sure there’s nothing stopping them from getting the most out of Drift and Conversational Marketing.
You’ll be an integral part of our Customer Success team team, working with both Pre and Post-Sales to ensure technical fit and create innovative solutions for our customers.
Your attention to detail focused on the customer needs will drive rapid customer onboarding completion and adoption. This will ultimately improve retention and overall success while helping to collect customer references, case studies, and product feedback.
What you’ll be doing on the team:
- Support and assist Onboarding Managers with the technical aspects of new customer onboarding. This process includes client presentations, proposals, product demonstrations, security reviews, implementation plans, integrations and doing what is needed from a technical perspective to get customers live.
- Listen carefully to customers to provide market feedback to the Product team and help prioritize functionality needed to drive product adoption.
- Partner with the Sales team to understand technical requirements from presale conversations and provide new customers with a seamless onboarding experience.
- Develop a deep understanding of our product capabilities, integrations, configurations messaging, partner ecosystem, and competitive landscape.
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement.
- Creatively identify and help drive new programs to improve the Customer Success organization.
- Contribute to the technical enablement of our Customer Success Managers (one off trainings, knowledge sharing and other types of education)
By month 3 you'll
- Master the Drift platform and understand how to properly demo the relevant modules of it to different personas based on their use case(s).
- Full command our internal ecosystem and be able to collaborate cross-functionally to provide the best in customer experience.
- Grow into an integral part of our customer success team helping customers overcome technical and security-related objections.
- Passionate about customers extracting the most value out of Drift by sharing best practices for usage and adoption.
- Work with customers to understand and validate technical requirements (Security evaluation, Single Sign-On, SAML, Platform Integrations, API usage).
- Make product and process improvement recommendations.
By month 6 you'll
- Be a source of expertise for the Customer Success team.
- Drive complex onboarding and customer implementations from early sales stages through product launch within a fast-paced environment.
- Master conversational sales and marketing practices and terminology.
- Bring your thinking, strategy, and ideas to the team to advance our creative culture and vision for the future.
About you and what type of skills you’ll need:
- 3+ years of experience as a Sales Engineer / Solutions Consultant / Solutions Engineer (pre-sale or post-sale).
- You have a technical understanding of Salesforce and marketing automation systems including Marketo, Pardot, Eloqua, and Hubspot.
- If this role is remote, you will need to be open to traveling every quarter to Boston.
- You are willing and able to both give and receive constructive feedback.
- You are creative, technical, and naturally persuasive.
- You are OK with juggling lots of priorities and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important things done.
- You are detail-oriented and organized.
- You love listening to customers, discussing strategy with colleagues, but also diving into the weeds.
Drift is committed to being an equal opportunity employer.
We know that applying for a new job can be intimidating. But guess what? At Drift, there is no such thing as an “ideal candidate.” We believe in the power of teamwork -- and in the desire to learn something new every day. We believe in hiring people, not just skills. Take it from our CEO.
If this sounds like a company you would like to join and a role you would thrive in, please don’t hold back from applying! Whatever skills you bring to the table or background you’re coming from, we welcome you to start a conversation with us. We need your unique perspective for our continued innovation and success. We’re looking forward to learning more about you!
Drift is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at email@example.com