Rec Room is an augmented and virtual reality software company.
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! As a Tools Engineer, you will build and contribute to the tools, pipelines, and workflows that allow the rest of Rec Room Inc. to develop and ship weekly updates to millions of users quickly and with confidence.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Design, build, implement, and maintain significant portions of the internal tools and pipelines used across all disciplines at Rec Room
- Work autonomously to diagnose and solve technical and production bottlenecks across the studio
- Level up your coworkers by automating workflows and providing greater insight into how our players use their features
- Help Rec Room reach new audiences by shipping backend improvements to the live app
- Work on a wide variety of features and systems
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across Rec Room to build great new technology for our team and our players
WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS WITH:
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of professional games development experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in C#
- Experience with Unity, Unreal, or a similar game engine
- Experience building or maintaining backend tools, pipelines, or build systems
- Comfortable working in fast-moving, ambiguous development environments
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others improve
- Ability to onboard and work remotely, until we return to the office, located in Seattle, WA
BONUS POINTS IF YOU ALSO HAVE:
- Experience with live services and rapid-deployment
- Experience developing UI systems
- Experience with Unity asset bundles
- Experience with localization
- Experience developing, optimizing, and maintaining build pipelines
- Experience developing and maintaining art pipelines
- Experience with analytics and test frameworks
- Experience building websites and backend services
- Experience with modern gaming consoles and/or mobile game development
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. We also support your retirement benefits with a company match. Rec room values work-life balance and provides unlimited paid time off. We work hard to ensure Rec Room is a fun and friendly place for people from all walks of life.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.