Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces in eight markets across Southeast Asia, Taiwan and Hong Kong. Carousell is backed by Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, Sequoia Capital, and Naspers. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. Carousell has offices in nine countries, across Southeast Asia, India, Taiwan and Hong Kong. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
Carousell is looking for a FP&A professional with a strong ability in driving strategic initiatives and influencing business stakeholders. This department casts a wide net across the organization and is recognized as a trusted advisor to both functional leaders and executives. Ability to thrive in an unstructured, fluid environment is key. Due to this role’s wide scope and coverage, sheer tenacity, drive and a results-driven attitude is paramount to being successful. A mix of competencies is required; this person should be able to think strategically about business, have technical finance competencies, is an excellent communicator and demonstrate good leadership skill.
- Report to the CFO’s office as a team leader
- Develop an operating and financial plan around management’s strategic plan
- Leverage on business and market insights to build, maintain, and continuously evolve financial models and forecasts
- Keep a pulse on the health of the business in close partnership with leaders across functions, while analyzing key financial and non-financial metrics
- Synthesize and effectively communicate key financial and business findings to key stakeholders and influence executive and business decision making to improve performance and capture new business opportunities
- Take a lead role in supporting business leaders in planning & budgeting and business cases
- 2-4 years’ experience in leading and raising performance of a FP&A/business analyst team; preferably in a fast-paced environment and high-growth tech startups
- Demonstrate excellent skills in financial modelling, business analysis, and managing multiple stakeholders under significant pressure and tight deadlines
- Identify critical areas for business partnering and allocate team resource to different business teams to transform company strategy into reality
- Ability to work and influence cross-functionally
- Proactive and effective at communicating with different audiences to align different stakeholders
- Ability to drive change and impact in a fluid, unstructured working environment