Security service combining advances in autonomous cars, machine learning, anomaly detection, and 2-way telepresence to enable security personnel.
Senior Robotics Engineer
San Mateo, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
At Cobalt Robotics, our indoor robots work together with remote human operators to keep our customers safe. We patrol 24x7 to help prevent break-ins, detect massive leaks and give our customers visibility over their space, their assets, and their data.
Cobalt's team is comprised of renowned technologists and security professionals, and backed by world-class investors such as Sequoia, Bloomberg Beta, and Coatue. In 2019, Cobalt was recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by the Silicon Valley Business Journal and the San Francisco Business Times.
We’re looking for people who want to make an impact with us and help build a company that is known for its excellence in engineering, passion for progress, and dedication to customers.
About the role: Our fleet of robots actively operates in complex human environments, such as offices, warehouses, and factories, across 3 different continents. Our robots autonomously press elevator buttons to patrol on multiple floors, open handicapped doors, recharge themselves, and detect security and facilities risks using computer vision. We have many exciting problems to solve as our fleet scales and we increase robustness and autonomy of our robots!
What you’ll do:
- Develop safe behaviors that handle real world problems and interruptions
- Implement underlying robotics algorithms, such as planners, motion control, and perception, to improve our robustness and autonomy
- Productize and robustly deploy these algorithms onto our robots and cloud infrastructure
- Participate in design reviews and code reviews
What you need:
- BA/BS in CS, Robotics, Software Engineering, or a related field
- 3+ years of industry robotics experience
- Experience with Python, C++, and ROS
- Experience deploying code into the physical world, not just working in simulation
- Experience finding 80/20 solutions to quickly solve problems in a fast paced environment
- Have worked in a startup environment
- Have shipped a product
- ML and computer vision experience
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.