Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Corporate FP&A Manager / Sr. Manager
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated Manager / Sr. Manager to help transform the Financial Planning & Analysis function at Attentive. In doing so, you will closely collaborate with stakeholders across the entire organization and play a key role in driving some of the most important strategic decisions we make. Reporting to the Sr. Director, FP&A, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, financial modeling, budgeting, forecasting, and management reporting. You will drive increased visibility into short-term resource allocation and long-term financial strategy. You will have an opportunity to directly influence overall company strategies and interact with senior leadership, all while scaling a tightly functioning FP&A organization. You must be intellectually curious, detail-oriented, and able to identify solutions to complex problems (frequently with limited or incomplete data), then roll-up your sleeves to drive implementation and track your work’s impact.
- Support the annual operating budget process, track and report on performance relative to plan, and help manage ongoing rolling forecasts
- Build and iterate on complex financial models covering all aspects of Attentive’s business that will enable effective decision-making regarding our revenue, growth strategy, and cost structure
- Own full three statement financial model while partnering closely with divisional finance teams for bookings, client spend, and expense assumptions
- Establish, track, and monitor key operating SaaS metrics to help maximize performance
- Create ad-hoc analyses to drive business strategy, improve efficiency, and maximize ROI
- Partner with GTM teams to analyze competitive landscape, TAM, and macro trends and how that impacts our long-term revenue forecast
- Own and assist in implementing our corporate reporting tool (Adaptive/Anaplan) Update/modify existing reports/dashboards as needed
- Collaborate with teams and provide recommendations that support revenue growth targets, improve profitability, and increase operational efficiency
- Partner closely with key stakeholders across the business to help drive the FP&A function as a proven center of analytical excellence
- Assist in preparation of materials for investors, quarterly Board of Director meetings, and monthly BOD financial reporting
Skills & Qualifications
- At least 4-8 years of experience in investment banking, private equity, or within FP&A at a high-growth technology company; SaaS experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or Statistics
- Highlight proficient in financial analysis and model building; strong experience with Microsoft Excel (macros, pivot tables, index and array formulas, etc); SQL and Looker experience a plus
- Experience with corporate planning systems such as Anaplan and Adaptive Insights preferred
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, and mindful of deadlines
- Highly motivated and willing to take on extra responsibility
- Ability to work under pressure with extensive working hours, in a fast-paced and challenging working environment
- Ability to build strong working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
Benefits & Perks
- Robust health benefits packages including access to a 401k and various medical, dental and vision plans, and $100/month fitness reimbursement
- Full support for remote work during COVID-19
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- Generous annual education stipend toward job-related external learning opportunities
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.