Aurora delivers the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly.
Bringing self-driving vehicles to our roads is the most transformative opportunity of our generation. Aurora is taking a fresh start with the development of self-driving technology, combining excellence in AI, rigorous engineering, and a team with decades of experience building robots that work.
Led by a team of seasoned experts, our mission is to deliver the benefits of self-driving technology safely, quickly, and broadly. We are designing the software and hardware to power the transportation of our future that will make our roads safer, give more people access to mobility, and reduce congestion and pollution in cities - improving the quality of life for all. The challenge in what we are endeavoring to achieve is transcendent; we are developing perhaps the world's most complex computing system and asking it to perform the task of transporting and keeping safe our most precious asset: human life.
Aurora hires people who are excited to build the future of transportation. This candidate will help build one of the world’s great next generation companies and will have the opportunity to support the administration of our equity program while contributing to the development of a dynamic and growing team. This candidate will be detail-oriented and will make it a priority to establish trust and credibility within the company.
- Maintain capitalization table and oversee all equity plan transactions (grants, exercises, repurchases, etc.) and ensure that they are correctly processed in a timely manner
- Act as the main contact for all equity related matters and provide prompt, friendly, and efficient customer service to employees who have questions regarding their equity grants
- Track equity award commitments and ensure proper board approvals
- Develop world class scalable processes for Aurora’s equity programs, including use of appropriate tools and third party providers
- Work with Payroll on processing any necessary tax withholdings
- Work with People and Legal teams to address any impact of certain employee activity (e.g. leaves of absence, employee-to-advisor transitions) on vesting or equity terms
- Work with Legal on verifying compliance with federal and state securities laws
- Work with Tax on filing IRS Form 3921 annually
- Assist in preparation of content for employee education
- Bachelor of science or bachelor of arts
- 6+ years of progressive experience and increasing level of responsibility within equity administration (ideally using Carta), including processing stock option exercises, restricted stock releases, granting of new equity awards
- Thorough understanding of equity instruments (including incentive stock options, nonqualified stock options, and restricted stock units) and applicable taxation
- Experience with a variety of corporate transactions affecting capitalization (acquisitions, stock splits, tender offers, etc.)
- Strong Excel and GSuite skills
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally on equity matters with Legal, Finance, and People teams
- A passion for equity and helping our employees understand it
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational skills
- A proactive nature and "can-do" attitude; the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with many new challenges
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Certified Equity Professional
- Experience in a high growth startup with incredible technology
- Dazzled by self-driving cars
Working at Aurora
Our work has real purpose. Delivering the benefits of self-driving will save lives around the world, expand access to transportation, revitalize cities, and give people time back every day.
We’re one team. We’re inspired by the challenge of what we’re solving and the impact our work will have on society. Our camaraderie is built on respect for our work and the fundamental belief our success will be a result of working together.
The Founding Team
Aurora has assembled the most experienced leadership team in the space. Chris Urmson helped lead Carnegie Mellon’s efforts in Darpa’s Grand Challenges, then was a founding member of Google’s self-driving team. Sterling Anderson worked on the tech at MIT before leading Tesla’s Autopilot system. Drew Bagnell, also a Carnegie Mellon alum, is a machine learning expert who helped build Uber’s autonomy effort. At Aurora, these three continue to bring experts from all areas of the industry to the team. We are funded by Amazon, T Rowe Price, and some of Silicon Valley’s best venture capital firms, including Sequoia, Greylock and Index Ventures.