San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Embark Trucks is a leading self-driving truck company bringing autonomous freight mainstream. We have raised $117m by partnering with Tiger Global ($70m Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30m Series B) to help grow our team and introduce our technology to the public. Currently, we move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. We have aligned ourselves with truck manufacturers, shippers, and carriers to integrate our technology into the freight ecosystem. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous vehicles and our team is looking to grow.
We are looking for an engineering technician to work directly with our hardware team on the buildout, testing, maintenance and improving our utilization rate of the fleet. You will work directly with our hardware engineers, operators and safety drivers across our SF and SoCal offices.
- Support truck buildout following schematics for hardware and electrical systems
- Testing of incoming electronics systems, sensors, computer systems
- Support engineers in regression testing of embedded systems (hardware and software)
- Assembly and diagnostics of custom cable harness and PCB’s
- Troubleshooting the truck systems, computer components and sensors performing root cause analysis and calibration
- Managing an inventory system for all truck components and lab supplies
- Working to minimize truck downtime while focused on safety
Experience Might Include:
- 2+ years technical experience in mechanical, electrical, computer, automotive or the robotics industry
- Experience assembling PCB prototypes, electrical wiring and cable assemblies according to engineering instructions
- Proven ability to read and understand electrical schematics, datasheets
- Experience with documenting and maintaining detailed assembly procedures
- Time working in a shop, lab or other assembly environment with proven soldering skills and high quality workmanship
- Experience using shop equipment, 3D printers, automotive diagnostic tools
- Interest in learning new things and working in a fast paced environment
- Maintaining an inventory system
- Familiarity with CAD (or SolidWorks) design process is a plus
When you apply, address the application to Jacqueline and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: