Fave is a deals, rewards and payment platform that helps local businesses reach mobile-first customers.
Fave is Southeast Asia's fast-growing fintech platform providing payments & loyalty solutions to offline merchants to grow and connect with their customers in a whole new way. Fave is on a mission to accelerate the offline world’s transition to the digital economy by putting growth at the centre of our merchants, our customers, our people, and our partners because growth is good for everyone.
- lead the Malaysia Finance team which covers mainly Malaysia entities and consolidation of the Group.
- oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- be the finance business partner to the Fave Malaysia business and operations team.
- work with your counterparts in various countries and various functions on financial reporting.
- implement processes and guidelines to ensure uniform approach in financial reporting across the Group.
- conduct profit and cost analysis, costs optimisation solutions, process improvement and forecasting/budgeting.
- allocate resources and manage cash flows for entities in Malaysia and for the Group as a whole.
- oversees the tax function and ensure compliance.
- liaison with auditors and ensure compliance with statutory and shareholders requirements.
- involved in ad hoc finance projects/initiatives.
- work with colleagues from various departments to support the business and ensure it meets the financial reporting expectations.
- understand and adhere to financial regulations and legislations.
- mentor, coach and groom team members.
- Prior experience as Finance & Accounting Manager or a related role, preferably with audit background in the Big 4 or equivalent
- A minimum of 8 years of experience is preferred
- Has a bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or a related field with professional certification such as CPA
- Has sound knowledge of accounting and accounting standards (including consolidation), tax and cash flow management
- A proficient user of finance software
- Has strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Has strong communication skills and leadership abilities
- Able to take quick decisions while working independently
- Able to identify and resolve all discrepancies as soon as they arise
- Able to stick to time constraints
- Analytical and inquisitive mind with a keen eye for details.