Rec Room is an augmented and virtual reality software company.
Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! Our mission is to ensure that Rec Room is a fun and welcoming environment for people from all walks of life.
As a Senior Graphics Engineer, you will own and improve our graphics features and rendering pipeline as we continue to grow. This will focus on Rec Room’s cross-platform backend and engine features, driving quality, and increasing capabilities across a growing suite of supported consoles, VR headsets, and mobile devices. Including the development and maintenance of new graphics features, balancing speed with quality in the name of empowering our players to create new rooms and experiences across all our platforms.
- You will work across all of Rec Room to define, build, and optimize new graphics features from initial ideation to shipping.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams across Rec Room to build great new technology for our players.
- Have a strong desire to learn, grow, and help your teammates do the same.
- Design, build, implement, and maintain significant portions of our core graphical systems and tools across multiple platforms.
- Work autonomously to solve technical design and development problems across the studio.
- Contribute creatively by being involved in the design process and proactively prototyping new ideas and solutions.
- Maintain positive lines of communication and relationships across Rec Room.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of software engineering experience, ideally in graphics or game development
- 1+ years of production experience working on one of the following: render pipelines & techniques, modern graphics pipeline, shaders, and tools
- Excellent debugging skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-moving ambiguous environment
- Experience with Unity 3D or similar game engine
- Experience shipping games, we'd like to see at least one shipped title
- Experience shipping games on different hardware platforms (i.e. console, mobile, VR, or PC)
- Experience working on multiplayer, social, or UGC games
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
Rec Room offers generous medical, dental, and vision plans that cover you, your spouse/domestic partner, and children. Rec room inc strives to be an inclusive place for people from all walks of life. We support employees with competitive benefits, leave options, and unlimited paid time off. Our company values are real and drive our culture.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.