Transportation marketplace and mapping technologies.
Senior Software Engineer - Backend
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
rideOS is a Mobility as a Service (MaaS) technology provider that empowers automotive, autonomous vehicle, ride hail, transportation and delivery businesses to build, operate and scale on-demand transportation offerings utilizing both self-driving and human-operated fleets. The rideOS Universal Maas Suite is a cloud-based constraint-based routing, fleet optimization and adaptive dispatch platform designed to enhance performance, maximize efficiency and propel growth while also improving society’s quality of life through reduced congestion, pollution and noise.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Next47 and ST Engineering Ventures, rideOS is headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices in Pittsburgh, Berlin and Singapore. rideOS is accelerating the safe, global adoption of next generation transport, and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a backend engineer who is passionate about developing technology for the next generation of transport. You will be collaborating with other engineers to design and build advanced, scalable mapping and transportation-related applications. You will build scalable services in order to support thousands of vehicles and hundreds of thousand of QPS.
As part of a high-growth startup, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate closely with company product leaders, partners, and non-engineering parts of the business. Every member of our organization plays a critical role in shaping the future of our services, team, and culture.
What We Are Looking For:
- 4+ years of industry experience
- Proficiency in Java or C++
- Strong algorithm fundamentals
- Passion for mobility or next generation transport
- A strong desire to learn, collaborate and mentor
- Located or willing to commute to San Francisco
- Experience using gRPC and protocol buffers
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in the mobility, ride-sharing, or autonomous driving industry
- Experience building services and applications at high throughput
- Experience building batch and real-time data pipelines
- Top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance policy
- Flexible PTO - We trust employees to manage their time off, most people take around 20 vacation days per year
- Flexible working from home policy, especially for folks with families or commuters
- Lunch provided 3 days a week, dinners reimbursed when working late
- Tax savings from 401K, FSA
- Investment in safety - we provide transport home when you work late
- Investment in health and wellness - we reimburse $80 per month for fitness/gym memberships
- Welcome dinners and happy hours for all new team members - we appreciate and value everyone who joins!
rideOS is off to an amazing start in terms of funding, talent, vision, and industry demand. We are well on on our way towards being a major player in transportation and technology in general, and looking for incredible teammates to help make our mission a reality. rideOS is an e-verified company.