23andMe, the leading consumer genetics and research company, has accumulated a wealth of genotypic and phenotypic information from participants committed to improving human health through advances in genomics. Our Therapeutics team in South San Francisco leverages this data to discover and develop new treatments that can offer significant benefits for patients with serious, unmet medical needs.
This dedicated research and drug development group identifies novel targets using 23andMe's genetic database and performs preclinical research to advance programs towards clinical development. We currently have programs across several therapeutic areas, including but not limited to oncology, respiratory, and cardiovascular diseases. More information about our Therapeutics team is available at https://therapeutics.23andme.com/.
We are seeking an outstanding Scientist with strong expertise in antibody engineering strategies, antibody biology, antibody characterization and therapeutic antibody development process to join a collaborative and cross-functional team responsible for delivering therapeutic antibody candidates for unmet medical needs.
What you’ll do
- Develop and construct antibody phage libraries for antibody discovery
- Perform antibody discovery campaigns from antibody phage libraries
- Develop and establish phage panning automation
- Contribute to drug discovery and development programs
- Collaborate with cross-functional project leaders to ensure timely progress of antibody development campaigns
- Document and communicate experimental results/project updates to team members and senior staff
- Mentor, train, or supervise other researchers
- Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures
What you’ll bring
- Ph.D. with 5+ years of research experience in Molecular Biology, Protein Engineering or related field or M.S. degree with 10+ years of industry experience
- Proven record of accomplishments via high quality publications and/or patent applications
- Substantial experience and expertise in therapeutic antibody development
- Extensive experience in phage display
- Expertise in antibody discovery, characterization and antibody improvement
- Highly analytical with excellent troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and leadership skills with an ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Expertise in the application of deep sequencing in antibody engineering is strongly preferred
- Experience with antibody/protein purification, protein structural biology, and lab automation are strong pluses
Note: Job title will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials.
23andMe, Inc. is the leading consumer genetics and research company. Founded in 2006, the mission of the company is to help people access, understand, and benefit from the human genome. The company was named by Glassdoor as one of the Best Places to Work in 2019, MIT Technology Review to its “50 Smartest Companies, 2017” list, and named one of Fast Company’s “25 Brands That Matter Now, 2017”. 23andMe has millions of customers worldwide, with more than 80 percent of customers consented to participate in research. 23andMe, Inc. is located in Sunnyvale, CA. More information is available at www.23andMe.com.
At 23andMe, we value a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws. If you are unable to submit your application because of incompatible assistive technology or a disability, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. 23andMe will reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities to the extent required by applicable law.
Please note: 23andMe does not accept agency resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. Thank you.
- Associate Scientist / Sr. Associate Scientist, Biology South San Francisco, CA, US
- Director, Immunology Research South San Francisco, CA, US
- Legal Intern (Remote) Sunnyvale, CA, US
- Translational Associate Researcher/Associate Scientist South San Francisco, CA, US