Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces. We have a market presence in eight markets (Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Myanmar, and Vietnam) and three technology development centres in Singapore, Taiwan and India. Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, and Sequoia Capital. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
The Merchant Services team at Carousell is responsible for establishing Carousell as the to-go online marketplace platform for all kinds of businesses ranging from retail, ecommerce, business services, home services & many more. The primary objectives of the Merchant Services Team is to acquire new businesses to be on Carousell, promote and educate Carousell advertising tools and ensure a long lasting relationship with Carousell.
We are looking for an experienced Sales Senior Associate to acquire & support businesses, brands, stores etc. to on-board & advertise with Carousell. This individual will drive sales of media and internal products (e.g. Carousell Coins) and manage advertiser accounts to ensure they are successful & using Carousell’s ad product. The scope will include all categories and sectors in Singapore, excluding cars and property sectors.
This role will report to the Sales Lead.
- Drive sales of assigned category/territory, acquire & on-board new merchants onto Carousell and achieve individual sales & revenue targets through your efforts.
- Proficient in prospecting through cold calling, canvassing & cold emails/LinkedIn etc.
- Able to articulate clearly & confidently the USPs and value proposition of advertising on Carousell and follow-up through the sales process.
- Experienced in managing sales pipeline and able to accurately forecast weekly sales and implement GTM sales strategies to achieve monthly targets.
- Build lasting business relationships with advertisers, ensuring they are successful in their business objectives when using Carousell ad products and media.
- Develop and maintain strong partnerships with clients establishing themselves as trusted consultants at all levels.
- Advise on client’s digital strategy and educate advertisers on Carousell ad platforms across channels and devices.
- Optimise accounts to improve performance for the advertiser.
- Aggressively grow sales and track retention of clients and/or agencies, negotiating additional budgets along with up-selling new Carousell products.
- Run performance reviews with clients to iterate and improve on Carousell’s effectiveness for clients and get feedback to further strengthen Carousell’s products and services.
- A general diploma in business administration, marketing or a related field
- Passionate for sales and able to cold call, canvass, lead generate etc. and clear understanding of sales process and pipeline management
- At least 2 years of experience in media sales or B2B small business management
- Proven track record in identifying new opportunities and closing deals with small and large companies with a solution-based approach for clients
- Strong and in depth understanding of mobile, online business, ad tech, marketplace, e-commerce and/or classifieds
- Have exceptional communication skills and an ability to build excellent rapport with strategic decisions makers. Experience working in a highly collaborative environment with internal and external stakeholders
- Project management experience, including multitasking to run, lead or execute multiple time-sensitive projects in parallel
- Resourceful, driven and a team player
- Bonus if you are a Carousell user
- Bonus if you have experience working in a startup environment before or in eCommerce