An on-demand delivery service.
Seattle, WA, US
New York City, NY, US
At DoorDash, our customers are at the center of our product strategy and we deeply believe that an amazing customer experience is the key to our success. The User Experience Research team plays a pivotal role by discovering high-impact insights that enable us to build delight products that address the needs of our three unique audiences - Consumers, Merchants, and Dashers.
The User Experience Research Team is seeking experienced Senior and Staff level UX Researchers to join us in the following areas:
Consumer Experience: You'll be responsible for surfacing insights that help define the strategy of existing products like Food Delivery, Pickup, and DashPass. You'll also help drive bold new bets like Gifting and International Markets.
Dasher Experience: By joining the Dasher team, you'll help improve the experience of the millions of driver’s who earn on our platform throughout their entire lifecycle, from onboarding, scheduling, and delivery to tracking earnings and performance.
Merchant Experience: UX Researchers on the Merchant Experience team help the team make the right decisions to ensure our Merchant partners are growing and having the best experience possible.
New Verticals: As a UX Researcher on the New Verticals team, you'll help make the right decisions to define the strategy behind DoorDash's efforts to offer and deliver goods in new categories like groceries, convenience, essentials, pharmaceuticals, retail, and more.
Ideal candidates will be comfortable owning both high level strategy and tactical execution; you can also effortlessly switch between the two as needed. You will have a track record of leveraging insights to build consensus with large cross-functional teams and of building trusted relationships with your product stakeholders.
What you’ll do
- Partner with product managers, designers and other stakeholders to proactively identify and prioritize research questions that will have the most impact on our customers
- Lead end-to-end research initiatives that help teams to deeply understand DoorDash customers and uncover actionable insights
- Synthesize and communicate insights and recommendations across the company
- Build a trusted partnership with your cross-functional partners to influence the product roadmap to deliver on research insights
- Enable others at DoorDash to conduct their own research and make customer-centric decisions
- Act as a research thought leader and advocate for our customers
What we are looking for
- 5+ years of demonstrable experience in product research or user experience (UX) research
- 1+ years of experience of driving research and product roadmaps
- Hands-on experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Experience with a wide variety of qualitative research methods is a must
- Ability to define key research questions and objectives, identify appropriate methods, execute studies, and synthesize findings
- Passionate about translating findings into actionable business and product recommendations
- Excellent communication skills with a proven track record of successful partnership with product managers, designers, analytics, engineers, and other business partners
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to solve problem in an ambiguous, fast-moving environment
- Experience in scaling research practices across an organization that enables others to conduct their own research
- MA/MS or PhD in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Cognitive or Experimental Psychology, Sociology or a related field is preferred, but not required
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash’s mission is to disrupt the future of delivery logistics. We operate in a unique three-sided marketplace: balancing the needs of Consumers, Dashers, and Merchants. We are proud to have become the top food delivery service in the US, and are quickly expanding our services beyond food delivery, and also tapping into multiple international markets.
Learn more about our company and our culture on the DoorDash Design blog.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.