Shared inbox for teams.
Sales Manager - Mid Market
Chicago, IL, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Email is the universal communication tool for work. It’s where you discuss work, answer questions, and talk to all of your customers, vendors, and partners. But email wasn’t designed for business and hasn’t evolved with the way you work with a team. So you’re dropping the ball, missing important context, and relying on dozens of siloed apps just to get the job done.
With more than 6,000 customers Front is reinventing the inbox so people can accomplish more together. We’ve created one place where you communicate internally and externally, gain context about customers and projects, and access all your other tools so you can be more efficient, more fulfilled, and ultimately happier at work.
With $138M in funding, Front is backed by Sequoia Capital, and other leading venture capital firms, as well as independent investors including top executives of Atlassian, Okta, Qualtrics, and Zoom. Front was recently named to the Forbes Cloud 100 2020, the definitive list of the top software companies in the world. We have also been recognized on LinkedIn’s 2020 Top Startups, Forbes’ Next Billion-Dollar Startups 2019, The New York Times’ The Next Wave of‘Unicorn’ Start-Ups, Fortune’s Best Small Workplaces, and Glassdoor’s Best Places to Work.
We’re looking for an experienced sales leader to instantly make an impact and scale revenue in our Mid Market segment with a mix of outbound and inbound motions. This person will be the founding leader of the Chicago office and will help us build office culture in the great Midwest. You will be joining a team of people who are smart, organized, thorough, and take pride in initiating meaningful relationships with future customers. As the manager of the Mid Market Sales Team, you will lead a team of Account Executives in building and closing pivotal deals across all industries. You will work with prospects, train AEs, work cross-functionally with marketing, solutions engineers, and outbound leaders, and deliver consistent revenue targets.
This position is required to be located in Chicago.
What will you be doing?
- Provide directional leadership for Mid Market Account Executives by overseeing daily activities and quota performance management in order to consistently meet/exceed individual and team goals quarterly and annually.
- Ability to recruit and hire top sales talent who can meet quota goals while aligning with the current culture at Front in the newly founded Chicago office.
- Establish best practices for how to effectively manage a sales team and their book of business.
- Develop and implement new sales initiatives, strategies and programs to help increase your team's productivity.
- Develop strong value based selling strategies and training for new and existing Account Executives.
- Assist the team with closing business and driving revenue through new customer acquisition
- Inspire and motivate employees on a daily basis and bring innovation to the sales process to accelerate our market growth trajectory.
- Report on sales metrics and forecast accurately.
What skills and experience do you need?
- 5+ years managing Account Executives selling a technical SaaS solution
- Prior experience of delivering >75% of your number through outbound sales motions(through deal sizes that are consistent with averages in the Mid Market space)
- Salesforce and systems knowledge
- Ability to accurately forecast revenue to senior sales leadership
- Proven track record of being a top performer by consistently exceeding quota and outlined metrics
- Excellent project management skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Self-motivated; entrepreneurial spirit
- Experience in working in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills(verbal & written)
- Aptitude to learn technical concepts/terms
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills
Front provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age or disability.