Intelligence Processing Unit
Graphcore has created a completely new processor, the Intelligence Processing Unit (IPU), specifically designed for artificial intelligence. The IPU’s unique architecture means developers can run current machine learning models’ orders of magnitude faster. More importantly, it lets AI researchers undertake entirely new types of work, not possible using current technologies, to drive the next great breakthroughs in general machine intelligence.
Our team is at the forefront of the artificial intelligence revolution, enabling innovators from all industries and sectors to expand human potential with technology.
What we do really makes a difference.
We are looking for an Engineering Programme Manager to work with our development teams to plan and manage the delivery of cross-functional projects and products. As Engineering Programme Manager, you will be interacting with highly skilled technical teams and will be involved in the detail therefore a strong technical background is a requirement. You may have been working as a Technical Project Manager, Engineering Manager, Team Lead or Senior Developer in one or more of the disciplines required for advanced electronic hardware and software development. This role will have a hardware and systems bias.
The Engineering team at Graphcore is responsible for developing ground-breaking AI technology involving custom ASIC design, advanced hardware platforms and complex software. This role will be to pull these strands together to deliver coherent solutions to time and specification. You will be working directly with the engineering team leads and alongside product owners and focused delivery managers.
- Coordinate complex cross-functional core engineering projects for internal core technology developments and external product features.
- Work with Product Management, Delivery Management and Engineering teams to pull together timescales and prioritise tasks for new developments.
- Collaborate with Software, Hardware and ASIC delivery managers to minimize risks and ensure that the full development planning and delivery is consistent.
- Interact with strategic customers to develop detailed technical understanding of new multi-functional requirements.
- Provide clear and concise forecasting and reporting of progress towards completion.
- Drive cross-functional teams to understand issues arising with new features and platforms. Help plan and drive any corrective actions.
- Solid software engineering experience, exposure or understanding.
- Experience of custom ASIC development bringup.
- Experience of advanced electronic hardware platform design.
- Excellent communication, presentation and relationship management skills.
- An ability to work independently without daily oversight.
- Solid analytical skills, and the ability to clearly communicate requirements at different levels.
- An understanding of priorities, risks, issues, impacts and constraints.
- A proven track record of delivering technical output, perhaps as an individual contributor, manager or project manager.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
We welcome people of different backgrounds and experiences and are committed to building an inclusive work environment that makes Graphcore a great home for everyone. We are an equal opportunity employer and want to build a work environment where everyone is happy, productive and respectful so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or additional need that requires accommodation, just let us know.
Please note, we are only considering candidates who have an established right to work in Norway for roles based in Oslo, Norway