Transportation marketplace and mapping technologies.
Software Engineer - Routing/Maps
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
rideOS is a Mobility as a Service (MaaS) technology provider that empowers automotive, autonomous vehicle, ride hail, transportation and delivery businesses to build, operate and scale on-demand transportation offerings utilizing both self-driving and human-operated fleets. The rideOS Universal Maas Suite is a cloud-based constraint-based routing, fleet optimization and adaptive dispatch platform designed to enhance performance, maximize efficiency and propel growth while also improving society’s quality of life through reduced congestion, pollution and noise.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Next47 and ST Engineering Ventures, rideOS is headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices in Pittsburgh, Berlin and Singapore. rideOS is accelerating the safe, global adoption of next generation transport, and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for a backend engineer who is passionate about developing technology for the next generation of transport. You will be collaborating with other engineers to design and build advanced, scalable mapping and routing applications. The team you will be working with is responsible for answering the question of "how do I get there and how long will it take?" for thousands of dispatch decisions in real time and monitor the quality and performance of the answers they provide.
As part of a high-growth startup, you will also have the opportunity to collaborate closely with company product leaders, partners, and non-engineering parts of the business. Every member of our organization plays a critical role in shaping the future of our services, team, and culture. The Routing team always had a strong remote culture, with half of our team being located in Berlin, Germany and half being located across the US. Wherever you will join from, we will make sure you will feel like part of the team.
What We Are Looking For:
- 1+ years of industry experience
- Experience with map data and graph search algorithms
- Proficiency in Java, C++ or a similar language
- Strong algorithm fundamentals
- Passion for mobility or next generation transport
- A strong desire to learn, collaborate and mentor
- Based in the US
- Experience using gRPC and protocol buffers
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience in the mobility, ride-sharing, or autonomous driving industry
- Experience building reliable services
- Located or willing to travel to San Francisco (when it is safe to do so again)
- Top tier medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Life insurance policy
- Flexible PTO - We trust employees to manage their time off, most people take around 20 vacation days per year
- Flexible working from home policy, especially for folks with families or commuters
- Lunch provided 3 days a week, dinners reimbursed when working late
- Tax savings from 401K, FSA
- Investment in safety - we provide transport home when you work late
- Investment in health and wellness - we reimburse $80 per month for fitness/gym memberships
- Welcome dinners and happy hours for all new team members - we appreciate and value everyone who joins!
rideOS is off to an amazing start in terms of funding, talent, vision, and industry demand. We are well on on our way towards being a major player in transportation and technology in general, and looking for incredible teammates to help make our mission a reality. rideOS is an e-verified company.