The world's social network for athletes.
San Francisco, CA, US
Strava is hiring a Senior Engineering Manager to lead the Activities team. This is an opportunity to work on many of the features that are at the core of the Strava experience. We’re looking for an engineering manager to join the team and be responsible for the engineering execution of product strategy and supporting career development of engineers on the team.
About the Role:
- Lead a team of mobile and server engineers building the services and features that power activity upload, activity viewing and features that help athletes track their progress over time
- Partner with product, design and analytics to identify and deliver impactful product improvements
- Build an inclusive and high performing team culture within your team
- Work closely with other engineering leaders on team wide initiatives such as hiring, the intern program and the technology vision
- Demonstrating empathy for athletes and their experience while using Strava.
- Coaching the engineers on the team and supporting their career development, at all different levels and career stages
- Applying exceptional judgement to challenging situations
- Embracing an inclusive, collaborative environment that elevates a diverse set of voices and experiences.
You have Experience:
- Leading a team of engineers and supporting their career development
- Delivering well-designed, high quality products at scale
- Building distributed systems to deliver reliable, consistent and fault tolerant product experiences
Strava is Swedish for “strive,” which epitomizes who we are and what we do. We’re a passionate and committed team, unified by our mission to connect athletes to what motivates them and help them find their personal best. And with billions of activity uploads from all over the world, we have a humbling and audacious vision: to be the record of the world’s athletic activities and the technology that makes every effort count.
Strava builds software that makes the best part of our athletes’ days even better. And just as we’re deeply committed to unlocking their potential, we’re dedicated to providing a world-class, inclusive workplace where our employees can grow and thrive, too. We’re backed by Sequoia Capital, Madrone Partners and Jackson Square Ventures, and we’re expanding in order to exceed the needs of our growing community of global athletes. Our culture reflects our community – we are continuously striving to hire and engage diverse teammates from all backgrounds, experiences and perspectives because we know we are a stronger team together.
In light of the global pandemic, Strava is currently working in a fully remote capacity. As always, we remain committed to fully supporting our employees, especially their mental health and wellbeing, through these challenging times. Despite challenges in the world around us, we are continuing to grow camaraderie and positivity within our culture and we are unified in our commitment to becoming an antiracist company. We are differentiated by our truly people-first approach, our compassionate leadership, and our belief that we can bring joy and inspiration to athletes’ lives — now more than ever. All to say, it’s a great time to join Strava!
Strava is an equal opportunity employer. In keeping with the values of Strava, we make all employment decisions including hiring, evaluation, termination, promotional and training opportunities, without regard to race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, sexual orientation, physical handicap, mental disability, medical condition, disability, gender or identity or expression, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, marital status, height and/or weight.
For more information on compensation and benefits, please click here.