Fastest growing property search company in Southeast Asia.
99.co is looking for a Backend Engineer to join our diverse team of people who are passionate about taking the real estate industry properly into the age of technology through innovation and a desire to solve its multitude of challenges.
Analytical and results-driven, you will work with team members to troubleshoot and improve current back-end applications and processes. The Backend Engineer will use his or her understanding of programming languages and tools to analyse current codes and industry developments, formulate more efficient processes, solve problems, and create a more seamless experience for users.
What you’ll do:
- Design and write application APIs for our mobile and web platform
- Develop microservices that are consumed by our API backend and other microservices
- Partner with the wider product team to establish objectives and design more functional and cohesive codes to enhance the user experience
- Develop ideas for new programs, products, or features by monitoring industry developments and trends.
- Taking lead on projects, as needed
- Participate in continuing education and training to remain current on best practices, learn new programming languages, and better assist other team members
What you are/have/will be:
- BS or MS in Computer Science or a related technical discipline preferred but not required. Equivalent practical experience is a reasonable substitute
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms and web works
- Proficiency in Python is a must, some knowledge of PHP is a plus
- You are able to break a system into logical components and build well-abstracted components
- You can’t stand sloppy APIs, and you know when you should return 401 vs 403 vs 418
- You agree that code is for humans to read and only incidentally for computers to execute
- Able to conceive, convince, implement and maintain reasonable database schemas for our data
- You RTFM and will paste an html peace character somewhere in your application
It will be a bonus if you have/are/be:
- Good understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Comfortable with working in the command line. Good understanding on the web works.
- Good understanding on various databases.
- Strong CS fundamentals, (BS in Computer Science is a plus but not required.