Bird is a shared electric scooter company.
Bird is a global team guided by a shared vision: to make cities more livable through safe, sustainable electric mobility. From our first e-scooter ride in 2017 to the thousands of rides taking place every day, our passionate team and award winning custom vehicles have helped riders complete hundreds of millions of carbon-free trips in more than 150 cities around the world. And we're just getting started.
As a Senior Vehicle Engineer Technician you will provide hands on services needed for testing, fabrication, repairs, time trials, work instruction development, process verification for MFG, and also provides very grounded in reality input to the design process.
- Create and manage project timelines for vehicle engineering technical projects such as assembly, test, or fabrication
- Intake sessions with engineers - define scope for technical support projects
- Lead hands-on electrical and Mechanical Tech related projects for Vehicle Engineering
- Manage and execute Test and Validation projects
- Manage prototype harness build projects
- Fabricate hand built prototype harnesses
- Vehicle assembly and modifications
- Issue investigations, analysis and reporting
- Tools and shop management and organization, supplies inventory management
- Data collection
- Fixture projects
- Equipment calibrations and records keeping
- Dynamometer and other equipment operation and care
- Associates Degree in Engineering with 5+ years of professional experience or equivalent
- ASE certified master technician certification or equivalent preferred
- Electronics technician hands-on skills: soldering, PCB rework, building cables
- Mechanic, machine shop and electrical hands-on project skills
- Strong understanding of vehicle systems
- A creative curiosity, collaborative work ethic, hardworking enthusiasm
- Excellent communication skills and team working tendencies
- Multi-tasking and self-starting
- Familiarity with data logging tools
- Fabrication Skill
Culture at Bird
We're an ambitious, smart and open-minded team that is passionate about our mission. Each day is unlike the last, as we’re constantly moving forward, challenging each other, and working together to create the future of micro-mobility.
We’re committed to helping our team members, and with the evolution of our company to a remote work organization due to the pandemic, their needs have changed. That’s why we offer generous employer-paid healthcare coverage, a WFH monthly stipend, a wellness allowance, and more. Plus, a new resource to help support personal and professional developments—all the goods needed to move on our mission together.
Bird is the world
Bird stands for a culture of inclusion. We celebrate different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives —encouraging everyone to bring their authentic selves to work. We have a diverse environment that empowers our team to feel comfortable when they voice their opinions. For these reasons and more Bird is a proud equal employment opportunity employer. We welcome everyone regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or genetics, and we are dedicated to to providing an inclusive, open, and diverse work environment.
Sound like a place you’d like to work? Sweet. Let’s chat.