Carousell is a consumer-to-consumer mobile marketplace.
Carousell is a classifieds marketplace that makes selling as easy as taking a photo, buying as simple as chatting. Launched in August 2012, Carousell began in Singapore and is now one of the world's largest and fastest growing marketplaces. We have market presence in eight markets (Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, Taiwan, Myanmar, and Vietnam) and three technology development centres in Singapore, Taiwan and India.
Carousell is backed by leading investors, including Telenor Group, Rakuten Ventures, Naver, and Sequoia Capital. The Carousell marketplace has a diverse range of products across a variety of categories, including cars, lifestyle, gadgets and fashion accessories. As a team of passionate individuals working together to solve meaningful problems, there is so much more for you to discover in a career with Carousell.
As a young and expanding organisation, we are looking to hire Lead, Talent Acquisition to lead the recruitment Team in the region. You will play an active role in creating and implementing hiring strategies and programs in support of both short and long-term business objectives.
Based in Singapore and reporting to the Head of People, this role is integral to building a high-performance culture while we scale a rapidly growing organization. You will partner with the People Team and be responsible for optimising the talent acquisition structure and processes, hiring the best talent across functions and geographies, growing the capabilities of the talent acquisition team, focusing on creating an engaging candidate experience, building a strong employer brand for the Carousell Group and being a trusted Talent advisor to our business leaders.
- Partner closely with our functional and country People Business Partners and the leadership team to build Employer Branding strategies that support a high growth, high performing organisation;
- Establish and/or integrate recruiting processes and practices within the Carousell Group; recommend cost-effective and creative solutions while ensuring the quality of hires
- End to end hands-on sourcing & managing of candidates for critical hires
- Demonstrate a strong understanding of business priorities and possess good stakeholder management skills to ensure timely communication and delivery of priorities
- Develop relevant and effective sourcing strategies and provide consultative services to meet recruitment needs; lead searches, build a network with key talents in the market and a healthy candidates pipeline for strategic/critical roles.
- Use data from our ATS to analyse and communicate recruitment trends, results and insights to drive future recruitment activities for hiring manager and senior management team
- Lead, coach and develop the team, share best practises and ensure an optimal ratio of talent resource to support the business growth
- Be a trusted advisor and coach to senior business leaders on recruitment, talent strategies; including but not limited to equip hiring managers with effective selection and interviewing techniques
- Build a robust talent pipeline through engagement with targeted universities, companies, interest and network groups, particularly in the Technology/Engineering space
- 10 years of experience in Talent Acquisition
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Human Resources Management or Psychology;
- Minimum 5 years experience in leading a team of recruiters in a fast growing business;
- Must have significant in-house recruitment experience and the ability to manage high volume of hiring across the Asia;
- Experience in a start-up/fast-paced organisation within the Technology sector or E-commerce space preferred;
- Experienced in Employer Branding strategies and recruitment metrics;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to provide great candidates’ experience; and
- Highly collaborative and able to manage stakeholders.
We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Agencies: Please do not call or email any employee of Carousell outside of the Talent Acquisition team. Agencies must have a valid fee agreement in place and they must have been assigned the specific requisition to which they submit resumes, to the Carousell Talent Acquisition team. Any resume submitted outside of this process will be deemed the sole property/ownership of Carousell and, in the event a candidate is submitted outside of this policy is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.