An on-demand delivery service.
San Francisco, CA, US
Come help us build the world's most reliable on-demand, logistics engine for delivery! We're bringing on experienced engineers to help us create and maintain a 24x7, no downtime, global infrastructure system that powers DoorDash’s three-sided marketplace of consumers, merchants, and dashers.
At DoorDash, our software engineers work on everything from backend systems to beautiful and thoughtful user interfaces, to scaling products that will automate human processes and make deliveries happen as fast as possible.
About the Team
The Core Platform team is designing and building foundational components which enable DoorDash engineers to more easily build, operate, and scale the many services which power our marketplace. As a relatively new team at DoorDash, we have the opportunity to shape the technical architecture and engineering culture through our work.
About the Role
Your responsibilities include:
- Designing and implementing backend services, focused on reliability, ease of adoption, and future extensibility
- Collaborating with engineers across the organization to identify common pain points and opportunities for leverage. What essential components should we build next?
- Maintain and operate mission-critical production services, meeting service level objectives
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Join a growing company and grow right along with us.
- Take on significant technical challenges and have a large impact.
- Have the ability to shape and improve our engineering culture.
We’re excited about you because…
- You have at least 5 years experience as a backend software engineer
- You have experience building and operating distributed systems at scale
- You love systems and software and are competent in both
- You apply a product mindset to infrastructure systems, and enjoy building products for other engineers like you
Nice to have...
Experience with these specific technologies or similar alternatives is not required but helpful.
- Kotlin, Java, or other JVM languages and frameworks, Go
- gRPC, Kafka, Cadence
- AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
Why You’ll Love Working at DoorDash
- We are leaders - Leadership is not limited to our management team. It’s something everyone at DoorDash embraces and embodies.
- We are doers - We believe the only way to predict the future is to build it. Creating solutions that will lead our company and our industry is what we do -- on every project, every day.
- We are learning - We’re not afraid to dig in and uncover the truth, even if it’s scary or inconvenient. Everyone here is continually learning on the job, no matter if we’ve been in a role for one year or one minute.
- We are customer obsessed - Our mission is to grow and empower local economies. We are committed to our customers, merchants, and dashers and believe in connecting people with possibility.
- We are all DoorDash - The magic of DoorDash is our people, together making our inspiring goals attainable and driving us to greater heights.
- We offer great compensation packages and comprehensive health benefits.
DoorDash is a technology company that connects customers with their favorite local and national businesses in over 4,000 cities and all 50 states across the United States and Canada. Founded in 2013, DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by offering on-demand delivery, data-driven insights, and better in-store efficiency, providing delightful experiences from door to door. By building the last-mile delivery infrastructure for local cities, DoorDash is bringing communities closer, one doorstep at a time. Read more on the DoorDash blog or at www.doordash.com.
Our Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
We’re committed to growing and empowering a more inclusive community within our company, industry, and cities. That’s why we hire and cultivate diverse teams of the best and brightest from all backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We believe that true innovation happens when everyone has room at the table and the tools, resources, and opportunity to excel.