Senior Software Engineer, Maps Infrastructure
San Francisco, CA, US
Job Description / Skills Required
We are a San Francisco based team building self-driving semi-trucks. We have raised $117MM in total and are backed by Tiger Global Management ($70MM Series C) and Sequoia Capital ($30MM Series B). We move freight daily between LA and Phoenix using our purpose-built transfer hubs. This is an incredibly exciting time for autonomous driving and our team is looking to grow.
Embark’s Autonomous Vehicle Systems team works on core software infrastructure and tooling for our self-driving system. We are building out our maps functionality and looking for an experienced software engineer to help architect and design our foundational map technology.
Maps are a core component of our autonomous driving system, essential for routing and navigation by the planning module, as well as a source of information for our perception system. As a software engineer you will help ensure our maps are always accurate and up to date and that other engineering teams have reliable access to map data.
- Maintain, architect, and build our map databases and APIs used for reading and writing map data
- Develop schema for map layers
- Implement systems for deploying map updates to our our trucks
- Implement map versioning
- Build tools to find and fix map deficiencies to ensure map data is valid and safe
- Maintain and expand relationships with map data and tool vendors
Experience should include:
- BS and/or advanced degrees in computer science, engineering, or equivalent experience
- C++ and Python software experience
- Experience building geographic data software and tools
- A full time, competitive salary with equity
- Flexible paid vacation from the start
- 100% of the base insurance option covered for Medical, Dental, and Vision and a buy-up option for other plans
- Life insurance covered by Embark
- Access to a Flexible Spending Account & 401K Plan
- Snacks & catered lunches
- Work in a fast-growing startup revolutionizing transportation as we know it
At Embark we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
When you apply, address the application to Dominique and let me know why you want to join our team.
A few company highlights: