Single sign-on for backend infrastructure.
Customer Success Manager
Job Description / Skills Required
strongDM is a customer-first, second, and third company with a rabid fan base. When was the last time you heard things like:
* Splunk's CISO Joel Fulton says "strongDM gives you what you can’t get any other way -- the ability to see what happens, replay and analyze incidents."
* Chef's co-founder Adam Jacob says "strongDM takes the friction out of getting staff access to the systems they need."
Customers love us because:
The product rocks: strongDM fundamentally changes the relationship between InfoSec, DevOps, and end users. Enforce the controls security needs while making it easier to facilitate access.
They can trust us: we built a technical product for technical buyers. We do not use jargon. There is no alternative but to always be technically accurate. We are not afraid to admit product gaps.
We’re real humans: we built a serious product without taking ourselves too seriously. Each member of the team is deadly good at their job, and yet we crack jokes on the phone with customers.
Customer Success Managers at strongDM...
...ensure customers are set up for success from the start. You will act as the CEO of your customer accounts, collaborating with Sales Engineering, Support and Product teams to secure the strongDM resources, answers and features necessary to achieve customers’ objectives. You will guide customers through deployment and rollout, proactively offering ways to get the most out of strongDM, including automation, integrations, and workflow. You will own the customer relationship and the long term health of the account.
What You'll Do:
- Lead kickoff calls to determine customer requirements, goals, and define a deployment project plan to complete rollout.
- Work directly with your technical counterpart to map customers’ objectives to concrete steps in the rollout plan, and then ensure those steps are completed.
- Collaborate incredibly closely with Support and Engineering to resolve customer-specific challenges, answer questions, resolve issues, and proactively identify/anticipate/avoid issues, whenever possible.
- Drive product adoption across the entire organization by learning customers’ goals and suggesting ways to help achieve them through process, product and roadmap requests.
- Analyze customers’ environment on a regular basis and provide recommendations to maximize the value of strongDM.
- Be the voice of the customer to help improve their experience across Product, Support, and Engineering.
- Serve accounts that range from the scrappiest startups to Fortune 50 global enterprises.
- 4-7 years in an Account Management role for a product/service that is sold to technical teams.
- Strong grounding in project management, including onboarding, implementation, and rollout.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure and patient in times of strife.
- Be humble, unafraid to ask for help and never assume.
- Industry-standard base
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short/long-term disability
- 3 months parental leave
- 3 weeks PTO + standard holidays
- Equity in a fast-growing startup
- No travel required