Transportation marketplace and mapping technologies.
(Senior) Site Reliability Engineer
Job Description / Skills Required
rideOS is a Mobility as a Service (MaaS) technology provider that empowers automotive, autonomous vehicle, ride hail, transportation and delivery businesses to build, operate and scale on-demand transportation offerings utilizing both self-driving and human-operated fleets. The rideOS Universal Maas Suite is a cloud-based constraint-based routing, fleet optimization and adaptive dispatch platform designed to enhance performance, maximize efficiency and propel growth while also improving society’s quality of life through reduced congestion, pollution and noise.
Backed by Sequoia Capital, Next47 and ST Engineering Ventures, rideOS is headquartered in San Francisco, California with offices in Pittsburgh, Berlin and Singapore. rideOS is accelerating the safe, global adoption of next generation transport, and we’re just getting started.
We are looking for an infrastructure engineer who is passionate about building scalable infrastructures, services and automated systems to support the next generation of transport. You will be collaborating on high impact projects with other backend engineers together with our small infrastructure team.
Examples of the projects that you’ll work on include improving our monorepo’s CI/CD pipeline, managing our GKE Kubernetes clusters, building our data pipeline and coming up with ways to provide developers better insights in their applications, and you will share on-call duties with all engineers in the company.
What We're Looking For:
- Proficient in at least one programming language (e.g. Java) and one scripting language
- Passion for automation and reliable systems
- Ability to work highly autonomously
- Strong desire to learn and collaborate
- Capable of monitoring costs and security measures
- Excitement about mobility or next generation transport
- Willingness to participate in on-call rotation
- Located or willing to commute to San Francisco, Pittsburgh or Berlin
- Experience using gRPC
- Experience building infrastructures to support high throughput services and applications
- Experience building batch and real-time data pipelines
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code (Terraform)
- Experience with cloud services (GCP, AWS…)
- Experience using gRPC, protocol buffers and the JVM
- Experience in mobility, ride-sharing, autonomous driving industry
- Onboarding in our HQ in San Francisco + quarterly trips afterwards (when it is safe to do so again)
- Great office space in Berlin (but all work from home right now until it is safe to go to the office again)
- Flexible work from home and vacation policy
- Meals reimbursed when working late
- Investment in safety - we provide transport home when you work late
- Investment in health and wellness -- we reimburse €80 per month for fitness/gym memberships
- Investment in education/development: unlimited career-related book budget and flexible spending for relevant seminar/conferences
rideOS is off to an amazing start in terms of funding, talent, vision, and industry demand. We are well on on our way towards being a major player in transportation and technology in general, and looking for incredible teammates to help make our mission a reality. rideOS is an e-verified company.