Attentive is a personalized mobile messaging platform for innovative brands.
Summer Software Engineering Intern
New York City, NY, US
Job Description / Skills Required
Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Role Background: We’re looking for a self-motivated, highly driven Software Engineer Intern to join our development team for the summer. Our team is focused on building applications to facilitate and support a new communication channel for marketers.
You at Attentive
- You are currently enrolled in a Masters or Bachelor's degree program in Computer Science, or related technical field.
- You have experience in Software Development and coding in a general purpose programming language.
- You are diligent about defensive programming and preventing bugs through lots of testing.
- You are excited by new technologies and building new things.
- You are enthusiastic about the high impact, fast-paced work environment of an early stage startup.
Product Development at Attentive
- Our backend is Java and Python microservices coupled with DynamoDB, Kinesis, AirFlow, MySql, Postgres, and Redis. Our frontend is built on current best practices leveraging Babel, Webpack, React, and Redux.
- Our team is 200+ engineers, product managers and designers from top tech companies including Google, Microsoft, Twitter, Moat, Oscar and AppNexus.
- We believe our company will win in the long run through product innovation. To get there, we obsess over iteratively delivering customer value through rapid prototyping and data driven decision making.
Benefits and Perks
- Internship salary is $25/hour
- Daily lunch delivery credit and other goodies sent to home
- Regular company-wide social events (even virtually!)
- An extremely enthusiastic team that appreciates collaboration
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.