Building the platform that enables thousands of data scientists to develop better medicines, grow more productive crops, build better cars, or simply recommend the best song to play next.
At Domino Data Lab, we have an ambitious vision for data science. Our platform helps data science teams accelerate research, increase collaboration, and rapidly deploy predictive models. Our customers are the most sophisticated analytical organizations in the world, including companies like Bristol Myers Squibb, Allstate, Bayer, and Red Hat. Backed by Sequoia Capital, Coatue Management, Bloomberg Beta, and Zetta Venture Partners, we are at the epicenter of the data science revolution, helping companies develop the next breakthrough in medicine, build better cars, or recommend the best song play next.
What we are building
As the Senior BDR Manager the charter is to double the size of the team, coaching a team of 5-8 BDRs on prospecting strategy, using a combination of email, social, phone, and live chat to build qualified meetings with key personas from our named account list. You will be responsible for driving the results of the BDR team by recruiting, training, measuring, and leading. You will evolve our playbooks and strategies to further integrate the BDR motion into our overall ABM and demand generation motions. You will report to the Head of Growth Marketing and have the opportunity to work closely with our Sales RVPs, VP of GTM Ops, and CMO. You will have ample resources and autonomy to hit your team's goals.
What your impact will be
We’re looking for a results-oriented, driven leader to help us build and scale our Business Development Representative (BDR) team and motion. You should have experience in a high-growth environment where you built the team and playbook necessary to sell a technical product to large enterprises, targeting both IT and business leaders.
If you want to have an outsized impact at a company that is at a massive inflection point, then this is the role for you.
By 60 Days
- Build strong relationships with sales leaders and define paths to optimize your team’s performance
- Understand reporting in our tech stack in order to coach BDRs on specific behavior
- Analyze cadences and templates for effective outreach, identify patterns of what’s working and what’s not
- Hire 2-3 additional BDRs, including coverage in EMEA and the East Coast.
- Ensure lead to attack time and other SLAs with marketing are being adhered to
- Come up with a plan to experiment with different methods and mixes of outreach in order to build scalable, predictable playbooks that result in qualified meetings
- Have a strong working knowledge of our core personas, competitors, product offering, and named accounts
By 120 Days
- Establish a certification program for new BDRs
- Create business development collateral including call scripts and prospecting emails to ensure consistent, effective, and scalable messaging
- Identify problems and proactively create comprehensive plans of action to senior management on how to fix
- Build a growth strategy for BDR team members, and the org as a whole
- This is not your first rodeo managing a BDR/SDR team...we’re looking for at least three years of experience as a BDR/SDR Manager in B2B SaaS selling a technical product to enterprise customers. You can point to proven wins in a dynamic, high energy, high-growth environment.
- You have scaled and hired a BDR team; you’re able to attract great talent
- Strong writing skills, your words cause people to take action
- Energetic phone skills and excellent listening skills
- Confident and love sharing your team’s wins
- Bonus points if you have worked in an ABM/named account motion and understand the nuances between inbound/outbound follow-up
- Ability to get it done without all of the answers; comfortable with the change that comes with high-growth
- A disdain for the status quo; able to think and act outside the confines of the job description, desire to contribute value in other areas as part of a small team, and drive to always be evaluating new ideas and approaches for improving results.
- Our stack is made up of: Salesforce, HubSpot, Salesloft, & LeadIQ --- so if you have experience with these platforms that’s a bonus too
What We Value
- We value a growth mindset. High-performing creative individuals who dig into problems and see the opportunities for success
- We believe in individuals who seek truth and speak the truth and can be their whole selves at work.
- We value all of you that believe improving is always possible At Domino Everything is a work in progress – we can do better at everything.
- We emphasize an environment of teaching and learning to equip employees with the tools needed to be successful in their function and the company.
- We strongly believe in the value of growing a diverse team and encourage people of all backgrounds, genders, ethnicities, abilities, and sexual orientations to apply
What We Offer
- Competitive compensation, commission, and equity package
- Medical/Dental/Vision benefits for both you and your dependents
- 401k retirement plan
- Flexible time off and paid parental leave
- Opportunity to work with passionate people in a mission-driven company defining a quickly growing field
- Reimbursement for essential Work From Home expenses